• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using Superglue

BarryH

I'm "branching out", I'd like to try using roots in a spare tank I have but could only manage to get a really large piece. I've cut this up into smaller pieces and stuck them onto a perspex sheet with gel type superglue.

My question is, will the bond between the roots and the perspex hold or is continued submersion likely to weaken it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

49089787262_38f73c7cf5_k.jpg
Roots by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Should be able to hold.U are using one part cyanoacrylate glue?Look at the other threads on superglue too.Its quite unconventional to stick it on a perspex sheet though. :)

I might be tempted to drill hole through Perspex and use stainless steel wood screw into wood, should super glue let go at some point.

Should be able to hold.U are using one part cyanoacrylate glue?Look at the other threads on superglue too.Its quite unconventional to stick it on a perspex sheet though. :)

One part cyano, the gel type. I liked the idea of being able to use a few stones to make sure the roots stayed submerged.

If you want to fill the gaps around the wood base and the plastic use superglue then sprinkle baking soda on it

I’ve used it to mend and create lots of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about getting some egg crate instead, drilling some holes at the base of the wood and cable tying it to the egg crate? I picked up a black sheet (about 24 inches by 16 inches) from a local aquatic/pond shop for about £6

What about getting some egg crate instead, drilling some holes at the base of the wood and cable tying it to the egg crate? I picked up a black sheet (about 24 inches by 16 inches) from a local aquatic/pond shop for about £6
Brilliant, I'd never thought of that. Probably a better idea than the perspex too.

Back