• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

using too much co2? help

AdAndrews

I have an 1 hour window from when the pressurised co2 goes off and when the lights go off, during this time i am getting pearling, when i dont have it at all when the co2 is on, is this normal- does this mean i am injection too much co2? or what?

thanks for your help
Adam

Re: Pearling After co2 is off?

im no expert, seems a lot of co2

i know all tanks are differnet as are bubble counters etc etc
but if i put 4bps in my tanks my d/c would be bright yellow

how are you administering the co2?

rgds

diffuser is a rhinox, smallest one i think- i have had my doubts whether this is the problem, that the some of the bubbles on the lower setting of the reg go through a part of the rhinox thats not very fine, so they just wizz straight up, thus why i have to increase co2 so that the whole (near enough) diffuser is being used, letting smaller bubbles in that stay in the water for a great deal longer, what do you suggest?

hi there

again i am no expert but heres what I know....

I was never happy with glass diffusers
no matter what I did I felt the bubbles just got to the surface too quick

some options:

1: place rhinox under filter inlet
2: use an inline reactor if you have an external
3: place rhinox under a powerhead or koralia and point downwards

you can always just run it as is,
i use disposable bottles as I cant use an FE for several reasons
so I am always on the lookout for best diffusion possible for the money
i spend on co2

hopefully someone else will chime in on this for you

Regards

Have you checked for leaks after the counter? i only have about 2 bps on my 60L. i have a cheep defuser from ebay and it works fine!

i havnt checked for leaks, becuase i couldnt see how poissbly anything could escape from the fitting on the top of the bubble counter, i will do it when i get home

This diffuser is awesome IMO - I find it as good as my Cal Aqua, and only for £5. It's 12cm from bottom to top.

ok, i have checked for leaks, pushed the co2 line onto the end of the bubble counter a little more, and this seems to have helped *slightly*, i still feel its down to insufficiant diffusion so as i mentioned earlier i have brought the in-line diffuser so i will give that a try.

thanks for your help guys!

Adam

For best diffusion with these Boyu diffusers, place them inline on the OUTPUT of the filter - as close to the filter as you can get.

Diffusion inside a filter isn't the best method as many filters will hold undissolved co2, then release large bubbles in one go, meaning unstable co2 levels.

Back