Utricularia Graminifolia???

samc

just woundered if any1 has had any experience growing this plant and how easy it is to grow, im think what to use as a carpet? any helps great

samc

ahhh thanks i didnt see that one doesnt seem a very easy plant to grow
thanks

Dave Spencer

samc said:
ahhh thanks i didnt see that one doesnt seem a very easy plant to grow
thanks

I would say that it is a beautiful plant and worth the effort. :D Consider using it in longer term scapes though, as you may find it to be a slow grower like me.

Dave.

samc

i think it may do i was thinking ov putting it in my small setup but iv heard it may do so ill give it a miss i dnt want any dissapering all the time, its a strange thought a plant eating shrimps. lol

The Green Machine

Unit 1A, Puleston industrial Estate, Ruabon Road,
As Dave said this plant is both extremely slow growing but when established is in our opinion one of the most beautiful carpeting plants available.

Start with the best quality specimens available and cut into four decent sized plugs.(We have had more success in using bigger pieces)

We have also found that a gradual approach to both lighting and ferts seems to strengthen the growth and avoid any stringiness which causes the fronds to break away. Once compact growth is achieved the plant then seems to have established itself and then carries on in this way.

We have had no trouble at all with this plant eating any of our shrimp.

We have recently re-carpeted the high ground in our Iwagumi with 35 Utricularia and they seem to be doing very well.

We hope that this may be of some use to you,

Regards,

Jim and Mark.

samc

this plant sounds quite interesting to me i think i might give it a try after all thanks for the info

samc

thanks i wont be buying yet iv got another tank that i will be doing soon so ill try it there