• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vaccination

People were probably crying out for vaccines cures? So as a nurse on tv the other day was saying if only the anti vac brigade fuelled by internet misinformed information realised what damage they are doing
That's very true... As a lot of other things are... It used to be the protocol to test vaccines for quite a few years almost a decade if not longer before it got a green light to be used publicaly... With this, they threw this protocol overboard and did it in a few month's time.

We all know from past experiences what politicians' promises are worth? Let us just hope they made the right bet on this one. Because at the time nobody knows what they really are doing other than making assumptions based on educated guesses.

Not going to argue the rights and wrongs of this pandemic or vaccines, I don't think this forum needs tainting with that.

What I would say and being blunt ~ If it meant returning to some kind of normality for my family, I'd personally let Bill Gates shove a microchip up my blahblahblahblah.

crazy aledged UK mutation hype
Really interesting to watch the political and media reactions. Who cares where a particular strain comes from apart from the honest fact that it is identified and the knowledge is in the public domain. For sure there will be other strains in circulation in other countries that have yet to be identified. Sadly I see politics creeping in to every aspect of Covid example of this is the European debacle over the AstraZenica vacine and Ireland.

One thing I find amazing is the UK performs nearly 50% of the genome sequencing carried out globally.

As I understand, it is perfectly natural that viruses mutate, this happens every year for the 'normal' flu virus. The year flu jab is based on strains identified in the previous winter, so for this years virus jab in UK it is based on mutated strains identified in Australia, yet we do not call this Australia flu! 😀

Covid unfortunately will be with us for years and I believe it will need to be controlled by a yearly jab. For me my choice is to be in the front the queue to protect my family, friends and colleagues and myself.

Rant over and on to a peaceful Sunday afternoon! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

For sure there will be other strains in circulation in other countries that have yet to be identified.
Especially hilarious as the first identified US mutation (that swept through the US last year and was remarked as being (probably) much more infectious contributing to the the rapid rise in US cases) completely slipped under the Scandal Wire ... then there’s the more recent California variant (also considered much more infectious) which again gets little air play

As for the developing vaccines being effective against the various mutations, this has been the topic of much conjecture (going back to early summer), so for governments to act as if this is some new concept is completely disingenuous and deliberate obfuscation

That's very true... As a lot of other things are... It used to be the protocol to test vaccines for quite a few years almost a decade if not longer before it got a green light to be used publicaly... With this, they threw this protocol overboard and did it in a few month's time.

We all know from past experiences what politicians' promises are worth? Let us just hope they made the right bet on this one. Because at the time nobody knows what they really are doing other than making assumptions based on educated guesses.

I agree with your statement about politicians but the vaccine might seem like it's rushed but it's not the same as with other vaccines. To produce a vaccine it needs to be tested and for most there simply isn't the same volume of people with the virus at one time for it to be a speedy process. These vaccines have gone through the same processes but expedited by the vast amount of testing possible because it's a pandemic rather than just a seasonal or intermittent disease.

I don't think it's helpful to name the strains after countries or regions simply because these varients are happening everywhere and it tends to be where they were sequenced, rather than where the physical mutation stemmed from.

I think with Covid and the unknown Politicans had to take it seriously because of the great unknown and some doubted maybe never get a vaccine cure.So money and resources threw at it. Scientists were given by strong economys of course what would normally take years. Its a great achiement for Science but when we get back to some kind of normality and the economy gets in better shape,UK, lets support charities by goverment funding more. Great investment in Nhs of course but things like Cancer research should have a huge goverment funding of resources

Seems UK is about done with the entire population... Good luck to you all... UK is pretty under fire with that crazy aledged UK mutation hype... I hope it's over soon for you guys...

The Netherlands still running behind, with the vaccines only available for the high-risk group. And we all still are in a heavy lookdown and curfew from 9 to 5. Making everybody sad and crazy, especially with the spring in the air.

Not that I'm personally waiting for it any time soon... I never had any other vaccine in my life than Tetanus after being bitten by a cat and this is over 2 decades ago. I'm yet not bothered by Corona nor had any other flew for many years... So if it's up to me I skip on that vaccine, rather give it to someone in need. And if this means no vaccination T-shirt with the text "Chipped - Dewormed - Vaccinated!" And no more vacations outside the country, no more concerts, and no more restaurants, etc. So be it... :) I can live with that, haven't had a vacation trip or a concert visit in over a decade I'm not really missing it and I have Spotify and I can cook... :cool:💪
Not quite, we seem to be at just over a third done now or there abouts, 20m and a population of over 65m. But letting the NHS run this seems to have ensured its gone a lot better than our world laughing stock test and trace by governments private enterprise buddies,using excel and seemly never making many calls, heck we only just got quarenteen at a government level, though our industry has been doing it from almost day zero.

So, to continue.
Just did my first home lateral flow test. You know you have done it right when it makes you gag and when you put it up your nose you start to sneeze. It is really difficult to get the swab in the vail when you are having a sneezing fit. Then the wait for 30mins................................ Negative. Logging on to report the result is a bit slow. One question each page. I clicked continue far to often. It sends you a security number to your phone to confirm it is you. I did it in the evening, so if it was positive I could have a lie-in. Only got to do it twice a week. Good luck parents who have to test their kids.

There are definitely some inefficiencies. I got my first dose of Pfizer a couple of weeks ago and if I had waited until my allocated time I probably wouldn't have got it until the summer time...or better yet when it's available over the counter.

The Pfizer one can't last once they get it all ready so spare ones get binned. I enquired about it at a GP and they agreed to give it to me. It was either in my arm or in the bin!

Got my second next week on the 6th. Quite a journey. 2hr round trip to get it. Funny thing is a vaccination centre has opened 3 min walk from me. But I have to go to the one I am booked with. Would be a nightmare trying to re-book everyone to their nearest. So, I don't mind and I get a few hours off work.

2hr round trip wow! Mine was a 30min round trip to the vaccination centre, which wasn't to bad.

What did annoy me was the local GP surgery ringing me the day after I'd had my first jab, and then ringing me the day after I'd had my second jab ~ to ask me if i wanted to come in for the vaccine.

I wonder if the local surgery's can claim the vaccine allowance for jabs offered, or am I being cynical?

Had the first at Guy's Hospital and the second at St Thomas! Not by choice, there are a couple within 10min walking distance! IT is what it is, my second was only scheduled for late May. But was pretty quick from the time I go there to the time I left was about 10 minutes total! First was around 30 minutes!

People my age are getting their first now so can't complain! ;)

My parents have luckily had both now. The second was brought forward so there was only a 9 week gap. I'll be booking my first as soon as I get the call.

Back