Vacuum Cleaner ?

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by johnb, 19 Apr 2008.

1. johnb

johnb Member

Hi

Can anyone recomend a decent Vacuum Cleaner, tank is Dimensions: 201cm W x 51cm x D 70,5 cm H so i need something thats flexibel, just to help clean out the various debri that collects (eEpecially after cutting the grass)

Regards

John B

2. Garuf

Garuf Member

Surely any industrial spec hoover capable of sucking up water would fit the bill something by Vax or Henry maybe?

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

My LFS hires out a pond vac, maybe you could rent one instead of buying?

4. johnb

johnb Member

Thanks for the response's I was not thinking of anything on such a large scale, i dont want to remove the contents of the tank, but rather some gentle hovering to clear up bits and bobs

John B

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

It works great. When we were at TGM recently they did this with a large industrial vac. It created a sort of inverted whirl pool and sucked offany debris from the surface. Worked very well indeed, and didn't take too much water either.

6. Garuf

Garuf Member

I missed it but I've seen it used before in reef tanks to harvest surface scum before restarting skimmers when doing maintenance.

7. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

8. daniel19831123

daniel19831123 Member

You can get a similar one from ebay. Slightly different build but cheaper. Are you looking to hoover the surface of water or the surface of substrate? If's it's the water surface then I suggest just use a net.