Vacuum Cleaner ?

johnb

Hi

Can anyone recomend a decent Vacuum Cleaner, tank is Dimensions: 201cm W x 51cm x D 70,5 cm H so i need something thats flexibel, just to help clean out the various debri that collects (eEpecially after cutting the grass)

Regards

John B

Garuf

Surely any industrial spec hoover capable of sucking up water would fit the bill something by Vax or Henry maybe?

johnb

Thanks for the response's I was not thinking of anything on such a large scale, i dont want to remove the contents of the tank, but rather some gentle hovering to clear up bits and bobs

John B

Steve Smith

It works great. When we were at TGM recently they did this with a large industrial vac. It created a sort of inverted whirl pool and sucked offany debris from the surface. Worked very well indeed, and didn't take too much water either.

Garuf

I missed it but I've seen it used before in reef tanks to harvest surface scum before restarting skimmers when doing maintenance.

You can get a similar one from ebay. Slightly different build but cheaper. Are you looking to hoover the surface of water or the surface of substrate? If's it's the water surface then I suggest just use a net.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aqua sobriquet Shake to start Gravel cleaner Hardware & DIY 3