Vallis and Easy Carbo

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by Tomo, 23 Feb 2010.

1. Tomo

Tomo Member

Hello,

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how I can keep my vallis looking neat and tidy?

I read somewhere that Easy Carbo can kill vallis. Is this true? I use Easy Carbo daily (1ml in a 60L tank) and this helps my other plants. I don't really want to stop using it.

When I've had vallis before, it turns yellow/brown within a few weeks, and grows quite quickly, appearing quite straggly.

Thanks

Tomo :)

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

A quick search on the forum and you would have found various post on this topic, EasyCarbo or Excel Flourish melts most of the vallis species.

3. mlgt

mlgt Member

Although there have been a few members saying they havent had an issue with theirs melt. I tried mine for about 10 days and after a few days you can start to see changes to the once healthy vallis plants.

It really depends on how much you dose, I am currently dosing 10ml a day but will probably move over to CO2.

4. Ben M

Ben M Member

i've read that if you dose the recommended amount then it should be fine, but if you overdose then it will die.

cheers :D

5. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

I have found that vallis will melt and then the new growth should give some resistance to it, ive added vallisneria spiralis to my 60l which recieves 2ml of easycarbo daily, a few leaves are melting, but others flourishing.