• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vallis and Excel

durtydurty

Had a really good load of vallis at the back of my tank and was in full flow growing great guns.

I added some excel to get rid of some algae I had, wasnt sure it would make a difference but tried it anyway.

Now all my vallis is looking really ropey, holes in leaves, brown and generally dying!

Down to the excel or ?? I have read that it can kill vallis or adversely effect it.

Yes down to the excel. Vallis melts if you overdose with or use excel for prolonged periods.

Hiya, it's widely known and still quite controversial but vallis can, and quite often does have ill effects on vallis.
I have vallis nana in my tank and dose heavily with excel and i've not had any effects except good ones.
Each tank is different but it's highly probable that the demise of your vallis is down to the addition of Excel.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dan

I think I've had a sort of mixed results with Vallis and EasyCarbo.

Some of the plants are doing really well, sprouting new shoots now and growing great guns. But there are some plants that don't seem to be doing well. Curling up and not really growing.

On that basis, I don't think the problems I have is down to the EasyCarbo. I dose 10mls per day.

Some types of Vallis (read, most types) and excel do not mix, instant melt in some cases, same with Egeria densa. Excel does not seem to have any affect on Vallis nana in my tanks either.

Back