vallisneria caulescens

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by peter, 24 Sep 2007.

1. peter

peter Newly Registered

has any one tried this new vallis available from troipca and Orental not only does it go a lovely red colour in bright light but forms side shoots from the stems over and above the normal vallis type leaves . not easy though prone to melting obviosly does better in hard water
    peter

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Cant say I have, but looks like a really interesting plant, especially for a vall, which mostly come in straight and twisty varieties!

Lets us know how it does if you get some.

Sam

3. CJ Castle

CJ Castle Newly Registered

I've had my eye on this val for a while now... I'm still waiting for someone to try it and give their opinions...

4. peter

peter Newly Registered

have just received 6 pots rom tropica will try 3 in my low tec tank hard water no co2 and three in my hy tec tank athough softer water has co2 injection I will report back which set up is best and spread the plants arround the club very hard to get hold off
    peter

5. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Sounds great, Peter.

Look forward to the results!

Have you considered a hi-tech hardwater set up? That's what most of us run these days. :)

Who is your contact at Tropica? Lars Green? I planted Jeremy Gay's tank with 24 pots of Tropica glosso around 6 weeks ago. Took about 6 hours to plant but now the carpet is awesome! Look out for a feature soon.

6. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I tried vallis spiralis in a hi tech soft water tank with mixed results. I was finally left with a few hardy plants that looked as if they were going to chuck out runners and take over the tank, but soft water was not their favored environment.

It would be great to get a new Vallis doing the rounds. Cheers Peter.

Dave.

7. beeky

beeky Member

What is considered hard and soft? >10d and <3d?