• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Various pics of the old scape.

Samuran

Hi All

Hope it's ok to post these here. As title pictures of the old scape, unfortunatley the tank doesnt look like this any more.... main reason was due to a hydor inline heater failing while I was away in Germany... but anyway enough of that and on to the pictures :)

FullTankShot.jpg

Firemouth4.jpg

Angel.jpg

Cory2.jpg

Angel3-1.jpg

Then just a couple of quick shots of one of my proudest fish keeping endevours ;)

The 25l breeding tank that everyone told me I was crazy to try...
25LFTS.jpg

And the result.

RamsandFry.jpg

MaleRamandFry.jpg

I had 5 successful spawns from this pair before I retired them back to a community tank, I love Rams and will have to do it all again at some point :D

Thanks for looking

Ben

i love rams too but i haven't had much success with them i have had about 4 pairs the 3rd one did lay egg but they disappeared and not long after i lost them, :( i would like to give them ago some time again but think i need to read up on water chemistry and correct set-up

I managed to find a very interesting paper online all about water parameters and how they effect the development of Ram eggs, it was really good but had one downside... it was in German... The gist of it was very soft, very low pH water. Like 4.5 or so. I was pretty skeptical but couldnt get any clutches of eggs to hatch untill I dropped the ph down to about 4.7 and from then on bingo! wrigglers everywhere!

Ben

Back