• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vaz and Ryan - Juwel Rio 125 - Video + New Set up :)

Sorry to hear about your problems but the tank is looking great so far! Hope things improve but that's the love/hate relationship we am have with this "hobby" haha

Hi all,

Small update... Things are much better now as the wood seems to stay on one place finally :)
Still have problems here and there.
The worst is probably the back behind the wood as thats doesn't want to fill still. Was even thinking about to replace it with something more bushy bit I will leave it for now and see.
Anyway one picture of the tank:

5249d2ed60d7455de5bfdc94943d276f.jpg

Hello mate. Haven't been on the forum lately Been so busy. Its was nice to see the tank last week it has grown a lot since i saw it last. What a shame about the wood floating it took me awhile for it to sink for me too Anyways the tank is looking awesome mate can't wait until you get a full hc carpet. I think its best to replace the rotala for something else. What do you think?

Cheers
ryan

Wonderful Aquascape :thumbup:

Thank you very much mate :) I am glad that you like it :) Yeah as I said its looks like I finally getting on top of the things :)

Hello mate. Haven't been on the forum lately Been so busy. Its was nice to see the tank last week it has grown a lot since i saw it last. What a shame about the wood floating it took me awhile for it to sink for me too Anyways the tank is looking awesome mate can't wait until you get a full hc carpet. I think its best to replace the rotala for something else. What do you think?

Cheers
ryan

Yes probably I will have to change it as it's not getting bushy enough even after multiply cutting. Do you guys have any suggestions please? I was thinking about the below for now:

Vala - at the back + something on the side behind the sp japan but I am not sure if this will go with the Java fern trident which is already on the wood
Didiplis Diandra - I had great success with this plant before and always like the look of it however it could end up same as with the rotala
Pogostemon Erectus / Limnophila - nice bushy plants however green
Rotala Wallichi - nice plant however not sure if it will survive in my hard water tank

Please let me what you think :)

Hi guys,

After my holiday I cane home to total disaster...

My CO2 bubble rate changed from 3 bps to 1 bp3s ( do not ask me why ).
Also my dosing system did not work at all so there was no nutritions in the tank for more then 8 days.
Finally my timer plug buged and the ligh was on all the time for god knows how long....

Well I came home to this:

763041aad6e7718b1c3084bcb1e70144.jpg

4e2d9eeface2d762baaaf216418b6341.jpg

fab84de733a8718f30a51638ff2e1b60.jpg

I did clean as much as I could and know I am in process of 3 days blackout.
Most of the plants seems to survive so I will update the journal ASAP.

Hope you like the new look of the tank

omg!!! nooooo crap timer. to be honest it happen to me before but not as bad as this. i bet your face drop when you walk in to the living room. damn!!!

Yeah tell me about it... Those cheap timers really made my day..

Bummer! Just as it was getting going too. Good luck with the blackout hope you get it sorted

Oh dear, thats a sickener! Hope it all comes right.

Thank you guysI hope too. Thursday is the suprise day :p

Vaz, what dosing system have you got? Was that on the timer too?

Yes unfortunately they was both on timer ...

Well atleast its good food for the ottos

Really? I though that Ottos does not touch those kind of algea. Well at least some good news :)

you could start a new trend.

Yeah :D Algea anyone?

Bummer!! multiple failures all at once! hard luck! upwards and onwards ;)

Hope the automation was something you had been running for a while ;)

Indeed mate its up and donw with this tank, however I am still optimistic as this is my first "real" try for high tech tank and I di not expected to go without any disasters:)

I know this will sound strange, however Its going better then I though it will :D

Indeed mate its up and donw with this tank, however I am still optimistic as this is my first "real" try for high tech tank and I di not expected to go without any disasters
Well my last high tech died a sudden death when a heater malfunctioned and cooked the fish, the plants and all!! Now that was a sorry sight!! Which then decided to tear it down and gave it up! So I guess you not doing too bad ;)

I grew that algae when I tried out a new light, wasn't sure if I needed one or two... apparently just the one. Good news is I manually pulled as much as I could and fixing the lighting and it disappeared again pretty sharpish :)

Well my last high tech died a sudden death when a heater malfunctioned and cooked the fish, the plants and all!! Now that was a sorry sight!! Which then decided to tear it down and gave it up! So I guess you not doing too bad ;)

That is sad :( I was very happy to see that my fish survive the shock.

I grew that algae when I tried out a new light, wasn't sure if I needed one or two... apparently just the one. Good news is I manually pulled as much as I could and fixing the lighting and it disappeared again pretty sharpish :)

Lol yeah multiple things buged while I was on holiday....

Surprise day is here:

So the tank after uncover and little bit of clean...

4d87a0a6071a63cf4c0684adccb29006.jpg

Sorry for rubbish picture but I am still cleaning lots of death algae everywhere...

Good news are that it doesn't look so bad :)

The bad news are that the carpet has been hit hard. Also A. mini and Hair grass did not survived ... Lots of death leafs everywhere.

So cleaning and cleaning and ......

Back