• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very cool "ADA View" Video

andyh

If you don't know about this your in for a real treat. 8)

ADA have a youtube/Facebook page now and regularly upload some fantastic videos of their tanks and scapes. Get subscribed if your not already!

Now in my humble opinion this is the best video to date, as its Amano completing a scape and showing you its journey!

http://youtu.be/WhvzRtUYJZ0

Its about 8mins long but well worth it.

I think its a great inspiration and well worth sharing, I hope you enjoy

Andyh

I'm going to try that moss chop technique on my batch of christmass moss.

I love the way amano just demands what he wants,
''oi you, put that wood over there'' ''no you prat, abit more to the left''
the bloke cracks me up.

i've seen that technique a few times with the chopped up moss but you need to make sure you wedge into cracks in the wood otherwise if it gets out, its gonna spread all over tank.

yeah I have just been thinking about that, the wood is already in the tank.. so I'm wondering how to handle it. Might take it out then rub it all of over it and in the cracks then add add it back during a 50% water change.

5.14 made me do A LOL as i had the sound off.

I wouldn't want to be one of his Joeys.

One of the guys in that video is an ADA distributor in Canada. Miyabi Aqua Design. True story.

I use that chopped up moss technique in my terrariums, OBVIOUSLY Amano copied me.

Not 100% sure but I think the carpet is done with Riccia, using ADA Riccia stones.
Background is composed from stems grown first as wabi-kusa. Similarly Hydrocotyle sp. Japan looks like wabi-kusa one, he puts it in the holes in the stones.

schraptor said:
Not 100% sure but I think the carpet is done with Riccia, using ADA Riccia stones.
Background is composed from stems grown first as wabi-kusa. Similarly Hydrocotyle sp. Japan looks like wabi-kusa one, he puts it in the holes in the stones.

your right on the ricca and the ada riccia stones

Brilliant find! I never knew you could fine chop moss, and spread it like that! I'll be trying that! :D

It's much cheaper to tie moss and riccia using slate, fishing line and superglue.

The video is awesome. They all are. This scape is mind blowing in the final shots. Such vision the man has.

One of the best I have seem. Odd technique with the moss, looks wasteful and really not sure that it will take. :) but impressive nonetheless.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Re: Very cool

ghostsword said:
One of the best I have seem. Odd technique with the moss, looks wasteful and really not sure that it will take. :) but impressive nonetheless.

If you watch later in the film Lewis you can see some lovely moss growing all over the rocks :geek:

andyh said:
ghostsword said:

If you watch later in the film Lewis you can see some lovely moss growing all over the rocks :geek:

Yep, watched it again, you right.

Also, would Amano had shown something on a video that he hadn't tried before and proved right?

But to chop moss like that... :) it looks really an expensive thing to do. :)

What sort of rock was that? Looked very heavy.

Also, no protection for the tank, I would think that maybe some egg crate would be placed under such a large piece.

Great video.

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

I thought the other fella at the start standing behind the tank was even more bossy. I don't speak Jap but it sounded like he was ordering the other fellas to carry the huge stone. :lol:

This one was done at ADA seminar during the IAPLC party, spotted some familiar faces there. :)
Nice tank, the stone is not that heavy so there's no need for extra protection. Had one volcanic rock like those and was ~10kg.

Wow, so 4 guys to pick up a 10kg stone? Looked heavier .. :) so humzan stone is lava stone?

Even better then, great show that something can be done with old lava stone.

Back