• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Very hardy tight schooling fish

keeton

i've got a heavily planted 20 gallon tank i want to put a nice school of fish in, they need to be hardy as im cycling the filter with them and will have a strict water change routine. Would prefer more commonally stocked fish, rather than rarer species. Oh and would like them to shoal tightly or pretty close, any suggestions?

cheers

keeton said:
i've got a heavily planted 20 gallon tank i want to put a nice school of fish in, they need to be hardy as im cycling the filter with them and will have a strict water change routine. Would prefer more commonally stocked fish, rather than rarer species. Oh and would like them to shoal tightly or pretty close, any suggestions?

cheers

i think you could take "hardy" out of the request too! ;0)
if the tank is planted heavily pretty much any fish could be added from the off, just build up slowly 2-3 every 1-2 weeks.

keeton

thanks for the reply's guys

BVB - It's stupidly heavily planted at the moment with them everywhere just it i can out of the algae risk stage lol, but like had deaths of rummy nose's :(