• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very nice NA example

very nice! certainly worth a look.

One thing that puzzles me about the ADA style aquarium and cabinet -

I really like the sleek minimilist look of the cabinet and simple glass construction and am tempted to try and recreate this, however my question is in all the examples of this style ive seen the tanks dont appear to be on a polysterene base (which would detract from the styling) but I assumed would be essential as the glass aquarium does not appear to have a floating base or plastic trim . I know a base mat of black foam is available and would look o.k 'ish, am i missing something or is it simply not being used? it is after all always recommended to site any all glass aquarium on a polysterene base.

just curious

I really like the sleek minimilist look of the cabinet and simple glass construction and am tempted to try and recreate this, however my question is in all the examples of this style ive seen the tanks dont appear to be on a polysterene base (which would detract from the styling) but I assumed would be essential as the glass aquarium does not appear to have a floating base or plastic trim . I know a base mat of black foam is available and would look o.k 'ish, am i missing something or is it simply not being used? it is after all always recommended to site any all glass aquarium on a polysterene base.

ADA do a thin black mat to go on the cabinet, but I don't know if this tank uses one or not. I didn't bother with my tank, it went straight on the cabinet.

http://adana.co.jp/_e_product/82_index.html

Tom

Back