• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Victor Meldrew Needs a New Atomizer

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
...I don't believe it...I don't bl**dy believe it...:arghh:
...I've just finished scaping Unnamed Naturescape and plumbed it in only to discover my inline Hydor heater leaking. Then, as if that weren't enough my inline Up Aqua atomiser blew a seam immediately afterwards. And that's not mentioning the Lilly pipe I smashed whilst cleaning it after tearing down Primordial:(

Anyway, I think I can fix the heater, it comes apart easily enough. But I'm going to need a new atomizer and the Intense Aquarium CO2 Atomizer looks ok - http://www.co2art.co.uk/store/diffu...stem-diffuser-1216mm-hose/?added-to-cart=3008

Does anyone have any recommendations so I can get up and running ASAP before all my plants die...

Blimy they say things come in threes:( sorry to hear that.

In the shed I have a Boyu inline the type that goes on the inlet, I purchased it of someone on here its 12/16 I think. If it's any use to you as a temporary measure just the postage and it's yours. By temporary I don't mean I want it back. :)

Just the heater repair and lily to go then. I'm sure you can open and reseal the heater not taken one apart yet, maybe I shouldn't tempt fate after cleaning ours yesterday after our filter went down.

Luckily I had a spare lily pipe, and I've just taken the heater apart and cleaned the seals; bit of a bugger to get back together again tho'. I hope it doesn't leak - and actually works - but I'm kinda resigned to having to buy a new one - whenever I take anything apart it either just doesn't work or explodes...

Ok...I'm back on CO2...I managed to mend the atomizer by flooding the seam with super glue, and so far it seems to be working. And miraculously my heater isn't leaking and seems to be working too...although the temperature in the tank is several degrees higher than that set on the heater dial; a common problem with External Hydor heaters.

Back