• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Visiting The Green Machine.

green machine

Hi all, as i have allready said if anyone who lives south of worcester wants to stay at my place friday night you are welcome, we have one spare single bed and anyone else can be fixed up in the living room, sat morning we can have an early breakfast and then be on our way for a 10 am arrival at the greenmachine,regards john

An update from The Green Machine

Hello chaps and chapesses,

Just a quick word on our little soiree on the 5th April.

Most of our customers spend about 2 hours with us here on a normal visit so I think with the planting demo you should work on at least a 6-7 hour stay.

There will be drinks and some sandwhiches courtesy of TGM and Mark and I are both looking forward to meeting you all and introducing ourselves.

Many of our own customers are keen to be there so there should be some real shared interests. George, Dave and Graeme will be able to chill out and enjoy a beer or two, after all the work they have put into UKAPS I believe they all deserve a stress free day for a change.
We plan to start the demo at about 11am, if this timing does not fit in please let us know your preferences.

Assuring you all of a warm welcome and an interesting and insightful day,

Jim & Mark

We are all unique individuals.
Just like everybody else in the world.

Re: An update from The Green Machine

The-Green-Machine said:
George, Dave and Graeme will be able to chill out and enjoy a beer or two, after all the work they have put into UKAPS

Hi Jim and Mark,

This will be a wholly worthwhile experience for everyone involved, I'm sure.

I do need to point out, however, that when talking about the 'work put into UKAPS', myself, Dave and Graeme have done relatively little recently, compared to the likes of Dan Crawford (who is also visiting) and James Clarke (not sure if visiting).

The amount of work these guys have done on the UKAPS homepage and forum is remarkable and deserves much credit indeed. I realise you weren't to know, but feel these guys need a mention here.

That is not to say that I'll say no to a beer though, of course! That is always welcome. I'm sure Dan wouldn't say no either, knowing him like I do... :D

We here at TGM know Dave and Graeme personally of course and we hear of George's work on a regular basis. We are fairly new to things here on the UKAPS forum so we do hope that you can forgive our oversight. We know that every man jack of you deserve a pat on the back, so please accept such from us.

We have not yet met Dan and James but look forward to doing so. As our relationship with UKAPS grows I am sure we will learn more of the efforts of all the individuals involved.

Keep on going like this and you'll change the face of the aquatics industry in the UK.

Well done on a capital job!

Jim & Mark

I've just visited the green machine today and I have to say I'm dead impressed with the quality of the setup. Jim and mark were super nice too! Sorry for making you stayed another 40 minutes just for me. Will make sure I arrived early on the 5th. lol.

Saw graeme there today as well. If you can still take another person in your place after the demo, will like to drop by and have a drink. :D

I will be going from stoke on trent if anybody needs a lift from here. Don't know if I will be staying over though as I might just sleep over at my friends if I get drunk. lol

Daniel

I'm near stoke, It'd be easier if I caught a lift with you than with lisa, no?

yeah that would be fine with me. Shall I pick you up at your place orshall I meet you in stoke? Do you still need that diffuser? I can bring it along on that day.

Dan

ooo I 'd forgotten about that! my apologies, yes I would still like it, I'm thinking Hollington is out of your way so it'd probably be best if I travelled over to stoke.

TGM overnight stay

Hi all, whats the plan for staying over night after the green machine visit i personally would like to do the sunday plans also. For those of you who plan to stay over has anyone made sleeping arrangments? if Dave or Graham dont have room for everyone we need to look for other ideas, regards john :)

Well I have been checking this out with a view to coming over to meet you all because it sounds like it will be a great day, but, its working out pretty expensive. I thought the ferry would be a lot cheaper this time of year, but its working out at nearly €200 to bring me over with a car for 24 Hours. I was then going to drive from Hollyhead to Wrexham to the Green machine. The idea being of course to bring a car and bring goodies back.

So your probably looking at €250 for travel and that doesn't include anything else, I would need to stay over night as well, eat, drink, buy goods, could be an expensive 24 hours, would I get change out of €500 !! :D soooo........might leave it this time.

Ryanair is another option but it would probably not work out any cheaper really when I take train and taxi fares etc into consideration, can't bring large pieces of redmoor wood back either, I don't know how they feel about fish travelling back on Ryanair !!

Hi Guys, i'll be bringin up some 2kg FE's. They are Full, reconditioned, sealed and stamped so happy days!
PM me if your interested - £15 ;)

Dan Crawford said:
Hi Guys, i'll be bringin up some 2kg FE's. They are Full, reconditioned, sealed and stamped so happy days!
PM me if your interested - £15 ;)

Thats not very sporting when your visiting a shop which sells CO2. It would be like me standing outside selling my plant offcuts to people.

Peter6bee said:
Thats not very sporting when your visiting a shop which sells CO2.
It's a UKaps meeting and thats what is done at UKaps meeting, it's not like i'll be parading around the shop waving my FE's about. UKaps is here to help those in the hobby and IMO that is exactly what i would be doing. Posting full FE's is a no no so this is the best way to give people what they need. I think the guys at TGM are aware that 99% of people use FE's and not branded units and i feel confident that this would not effect their opinions of me or UKaps. :D

Back