• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Visiting The Green Machine.

Are you not coming Cegipedia (fountain of knowledge)? Would be great to meet you, to see if you really are a textbook on legs :lol:

Unfortunatley I'm gonna have to drop out also :(

Got to go back to work offshore.

Hopefully next time :(

Cheers

Dan Crawford said:
Peter6bee said:
Thats not very sporting when your visiting a shop which sells CO2.
It's a UKaps meeting and thats what is done at UKaps meeting, it's not like i'll be parading around the shop waving my FE's about. UKaps is here to help those in the hobby and IMO that is exactly what i would be doing. Posting full FE's is a no no so this is the best way to give people what they need. I think the guys at TGM are aware that 99% of people use FE's and not branded units and i feel confident that this would not effect their opinions of me or UKaps. :D

I know they are well aware people use FE's and I'm sure that does happen at the UKaps meets and I may be wrong here but I wouldn't have thought all meets happen at Aquatic suppliers??
I'm just saying that after all the effort Mark and Jim are putting into the day to be selling alternate products right under their noses would appear to be a kick in the teeth.

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Are you not coming Cegipedia (fountain of knowledge)? Would be great to meet you, to see if you really are a textbook on legs :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hi Lisa, I'd have to find a geography textbook to find it. I'm only familiar with Inspector Wrexham...

:wideyed: Cheers,

Wrexham is on the way to North Wales on the stoke back roads, where are you Ceg? It shouldn't be all that difficult to get to.

Is this the Place:
The Green Machine Ltd,
Unit 1a, Felin Puleston Industrial Estate, Ruabon Rd, Rhostyllen, Wrexham, Clwyd LL13 7RF

its only 1.5 hours for me, so i could bring a few people. but it would depend on what i have by then, as petrol is too much. so might get a smart as they are on offer. so could bring 1/2 people with me.

Peter6bee said:
Dan Crawford said:
Peter6bee said:
Thats not very sporting when your visiting a shop which sells CO2.
It's a UKaps meeting and thats what is done at UKaps meeting, it's not like i'll be parading around the shop waving my FE's about. UKaps is here to help those in the hobby and IMO that is exactly what i would be doing. Posting full FE's is a no no so this is the best way to give people what they need. I think the guys at TGM are aware that 99% of people use FE's and not branded units and i feel confident that this would not effect their opinions of me or UKaps. :D

I know they are well aware people use FE's and I'm sure that does happen at the UKaps meets and I may be wrong here but I wouldn't have thought all meets happen at Aquatic suppliers??
I'm just saying that after all the effort Mark and Jim are putting into the day to be selling alternate products right under their noses would appear to be a kick in the teeth.

I'd be pretty certain the cash register will be kept quite busy with UKAPS members buying some of the quality goods on offer from Green machine on the day.

For some people FE's are very hard to get hold of without a huge amount of hassle, probably one of the hardest things to acquire for some in this hobby, everything else you can readily buy off the shelf. Id say fair play Dan, If I was one of the needy I would be enormously greatful. I'd say an item like this is the exception to the rule, although I do agree that it is a shop you are visiting so a certain degree of protocol should be followed. But it is a UKAPS meetup afterall, some people here have probably never met each other before other than on the forum here, obviously a certain amount of goods plants etc between members will be exchanged on the day, but I doubt it will discourage anyone from spending money at the Green machine. It wouldn't discourage me anyway I would be certain there would be something that would catch my eye on the day and that could range from a £5 diffuser to a £500 tank purchase ;)

Hi All,i think its time we made a list of people who are deffo coming for the weekend , Sam aka (Themuleious) and Lisa perry, are both staying at my place on the friday then we will be traveling up in my motor on sat, we are going to be staying in a b&b near Grahams house in Ellesmere port ,
So its
John starkey
Sam watson
Lisa perry
Dave spencer
Graham edwards
Dan crawford
George farmer
Arana
Thats all i know of for now pm me with your name and i will add it to the list, regards john 8)

I believe me and Daniel are, I deffinatly will be put most likely training it if Dan opts out.

you kidding me? Me opting out for this when I'm only 40 miles away? No way! Get my name on the list! lol We'll drive there on saturday morning if it's alright with you Garuf. What time does this thing starts anyway?

Since the demo starts at 11am, I think I'd need to leave Birmingham at around 9.30 at the latest so would aim to leave really at 9.15am.

I'll be driving back home the same day, but I don't think I can really make plans until we're there - I guess it will be a 'see how we go' judgement.

If there's anyone who still wants to come with me (I'm a little confused as to who's doing what now!), can they let me know and we can make arrangements.

I'll be there with my better half, Clare.We paid another visit to TGM last Saturday and Jim and Mark were chatting about the 5th. it's gonna be a fine day with a good mixture of UKaps members and TGM's regular customers.Since their double page ad went in this month's PFk mag it has created a lot more interest in the shop, hopefully it will be buzzing on the 5th. Looking forward to meeting you lot to put faces to names! :)

If its an early start dan I might have to get a lift from mine, I understand wrexam ins't too far , like an hour and a half tops.

OH anddddd llandudno is near.

Well if it starts at 11 you will need to make it to stoke station at least at 9.30 as it takes just over an hour to get there. That is if I still remember how to get there. Need to take into consideration the time it takes to go round the town trying to find my way lol. Sorry that's the life when you don't have sat nav. The last time it took me over 2 hour to find the shop

where do you know your way to? I'm pretty stoke savvy since my family is from the area.

Visiting The Green Machine on 5th April - The agenda

Well hello everybody,

Just a post to let you all know the modus operandi for the day.

10am - General introductions and hello's, mooch around and enjoy the shop

11am - Demo start - small introductory talk and hardscaping of the tank

12:30 - Break for refreshments and chit chat while gravel is rinsed in situ (nothing quite as boring as watching gravel washed!)

1:30 - Planting, filling and stocking - we will be using pre-seeded bio filtration medium and half a tank of pre aged water. so in effect we will be able to rock and roll straight away.

We are going for a south-east Asian set-up, sticking to one species of fish only.

Should finish about 3 to 3:30, but it may run a little over.

I won't say anything else on the planting because it will be nice to see on the day.

Mark and I are looking forward to hosting this event and if successful will seriously consider similar things for the future and we are always open to suggestions from our customers and UKAPS members alike.

Our love for what we do has us in a state of high excitement and we look forward to meeting every one of you in person knowing that you all share this passion with us.

Take care and drive carefully on the day, all the very best, and happy planting,

Jim & Mark
Directors, The Green Machine, Wrexham

Back