• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Visiting The Green Machine.

I'm coming from Portsmouth to around the birmingham/Oxfordy area if I can cadge a lift with someone from there? If theres enough room for someone else with me then I'll happily pick someone up on my way.

I think I remember someone saying that might be possible...

I can get to brum from burton on trent if your welcome to have another person?

No problem. I do warn you, I'm an ickle bit of a nervous driver, but it will be good to have company (and a map-reader or two ;) )

Hubby still reckons we're doing something then, but weve wracked our brains - we're not on holiday and my exam's not til about 14th, so should be fine for then.

Google maps reckons it's about 1 hour and 40 mins each way.

I'm a pro at map reading, its what the glasses are for.
I'll look forward to it.

I'm in hollington, near to alton towers.
If your coming my way yes, if not ill get up early and treck over to burton and catch the train.

Gotta say Tom, I hadn't thought about when to leave here or anything (typical woman, I leave the details to others :lol: ). I don't think it's even been sorted when we are due to meet at the Green Machine, as I suppose it would depend on that and when the demonstration is (unless I've missed that in this thread).

I can pick up at New Street for you Tom no probs, I'm just wondering if Garuf's train would come past my local station (Gravelly Hill)

Lisa - I think Garuf is North of Brum pretty much, so I would have thought it would have been way out of your way to collect him

Hmm, we would need to get to wrexham way before that to make it worthwhile surely? Can the Green Machine give us some floor space to kip down on? Is there anywhere else we could sleep for free? What is anyone else planning? George/TDI/Sam? May have to pop into the Goldfish bowl on the way... It would be rude not to!

Garuf, sorry I thought you must've been between brum and Portsmouth.

That's fine don't worry, I can head out to brum and be at new street at the same time as tom if you give me enough warning to plan.

Either or I'll be heading out early maybe even the night before and 24houring it.

Regarding what time to get there, I`ll have a word with jim, but the sooner the earlier is my guess.

Secondly, I would like to get an idea of how many are coming from UKAPS. So far, I have:

Me
George
Graeme
Dan + `er indoors
Sam
Tom
Lisa
Chrisi
Garuf
TDI
Wilson
Peter6bee
John Starkey

Let me know if I have missed anyone out, and I will modify the list accordingly. I reckon this could be an all dayer, with a little beer flowing here and there, and the odd Tropica discount ;) .

Sleeping arrangements will need to be sorted out, as well.

Dave.

I'm a maybe if i'm not away with work, i'm afraid I won't know until alot closer to the date either.

Is it going to be at the shop all day or are you still planning on going to the blue planet etc still?

Cheers Tim

Umm, in all honesty I hadn't considered staying over :oops: with no disrespect intended, I doubt my OH would be happy at the prospect of me staying with people I've never met before.

Back