• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vito's first planted tank - Juwel Rio 125 (NEW PICS July 09)

Vito said:
1001691q.jpg

What a great tank--so simple and so perfect.

Vito have you tried adjusting your camera settings these pictures are somewhat over-saturated. It would be so wonderful to get some good shots of this display.

Re: Vito's first planted tank - Juwel Rio 125 (NEW PICS July

Superb Journal Vito, I am planning my first serious planted tank in my Rio125 and have found your journal very helpful. Its great to see a Rio Success story now and then! Well done!

With your cO2, can I ask where you got your cannister, how long it lasts and where you fill it up?

dowheim said:
Superb Journal Vito, I am planning my first serious planted tank in my Rio125 and have found your journal very helpful. Its great to see a Rio Success story now and then! Well done!

With your cO2, can I ask where you got your cannister, how long it lasts and where you fill it up?

Hi Dowheim, thank you for your kind words, god know how you came accross this journal as it was ages old but it really brang back some memories for me so for that I thank you.

The canister I had originally didn't lat more than a couple of months if I remember correctly and I used to get them re-filled at Maidenhead Aquatics St.Albans, I eventually changed to Fire extinguishers which would last me a good 4-5 months. If you haven't already invested in the co2 bottle I would strongly recommend a fire extinguisher as its cheap and lasts longer.

Hope this helps!

It was a 2kg, and I just bought new one instead of refilling but thats because they were being sold on here for a cheap price, I don't know if maidenhead refill FE's but my gut instinct is no, my advice would be to buy two, so when the first one runs out you have one on stand-by and you can source one or refill at that point otherwise a few days without co2 can cause catastrophic problems.

Vito what is the big plant in the middle mate?

Westyggx said:
Vito what is the big plant in the middle mate?
I would say Blyxa Japonica

Is it on top of something? My tank is full of Blyxa and isnt this tall.

Westyggx said:
It grows like a stem, so if you let it it will get tall, the only thing to watch for is you need lots of flow to the base or it will star melting and come loose.

Hmm ive had mine for maybe 5 months and it doesnt go higher than 4 inches? Will keep an eye on it then :)

LondonDragon said:
Westyggx said:
It grows like a stem, so if you let it it will get tall, the only thing to watch for is you need lots of flow to the base or it will star melting and come loose.
This tank was taken down ages ago guys, thanks for the comments though and Paulo is right, if you let it, Blyxa will grow tall, but the lower leaves die due to lack of light I assume and become ugly so uprooting and trimming the lower ugly bits and re-planting the nice bits need to be done over time. For the record its been grown from the substrate up, I do miss the tank looking at it now and I currently haven't got one yet, I am waiting until I buy a place later this year to house my full ADA 120P setup I intend on getting but its going to set me back £3000 + Hardscape and plants so probably best part of £3500. For everything else there's mastercard :D

Back