• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Viv 45p, whispering nature

Just beautiful!! 😍

Curious, with Monte Carlo as an epiphyte - did you just spread out a mat and glue or is it attached some other way?

My first attempt at this failed miserably. I split into small sections and glued….and then my Co2 regulator packed up, and it was all downhill from there. Keen to try again.

Wow looks amazing. Any tips for getting the floating plants that nice red colour as im struggling with mine but I am a newbie

Just beautiful!! 😍

Curious, with Monte Carlo as an epiphyte - did you just spread out a mat and glue or is it attached some other way?

My first attempt at this failed miserably. I split into small sections and glued….and then my Co2 regulator packed up, and it was all downhill from there. Keen to try again.

Thank you! Yes I just used in vitro pot and glued the plants to the wood. Make sure the plants get lots of co2 and good light for this ;)

Wow looks amazing. Any tips for getting the floating plants that nice red colour as im struggling with mine but I am a newbie

Thank you!

Lean fertilization is key for this. I don’t dose anything in this tank atm . :)

And the light is considered as low/medium so it’s definitely more related to the lean fertilisation than high light.

Hi there,

Sorry for the lack of updates, this one is still running great;

8-BB46663-7486-461-A-BF85-68-BD65-C7-FDAB.jpg

Finally started the fertilization 2 weeks ago as the ranunculus was starting to show some yellowish leaves and some fuzz algae started to appear on the hardscape.

Since that the plant growth has improved and the Monte Carlo is exploding and needs more trimming.

Dosing actually 1ml per day of masterline all in one soil and 2ml carbo.

Livestock is still fine, I lost one tetraodon, he was the weakest of the gang and for some reason was always bullied by the 3 others…this happens.

Have a nice evening!

Hi ! Superbe bac ! ;)
I really like the natural "wild" effect !
Amazing MC as epiphyte. Do you need to trim it often ? I'am thinking about using MC as epiphyte in my next tank :)

You use carbo and CO2 ?
I do not know masterline all in one soil product, is it similar to tropica specialized ?

So far so good, look forward for new pics ! ;)

Hi ! Superbe bac ! ;)
I really like the natural "wild" effect !
Amazing MC as epiphyte. Do you need to trim it often ? I'am thinking about using MC as epiphyte in my next tank :)

You use carbo and CO2 ?
I do not know masterline all in one soil product, is it similar to tropica specialized ?

So far so good, look forward for new pics ! ;)
Hello and thank you, sorry for the late response.

Once mc adapted to grow like this, it grows quite fast yes! But it’s easy to care for

I use carbo and co2, I’m actually overdosing a bit the carbo to keep things tidy because I had some fuzz algae on the wood,(empty co2 bottle for one week and probably not enough nitrates dosing) nothing too bad. I only use carbo when I have some algae to fight. ;)

Masterline all in one soil is an all in one fertilizer, just with lean nitrates, it’s more complete than the tropica one:)

Small update, it’s quite overgrown and ready for an final shot I guess!

84-C10-B1-D-6-D9-E-4073-BF1-E-34-B31-F8-A5-AF5.jpg

Hi there!

Another update, tank is ready for an proper final shot, here’s one without the equipment, quite happy how it turned out;

A866302-B-DC62-4-FC0-B2-AE-62-E40-F72-E02-B.jpg

I lost 2 tetraodon, not sure why but the bumblebee goby are doing great and are slowly becoming my favs.
The tetraodon were fun at the beginning but they are really hard to feed properly (only taking live food like small snails and frozen bloodworms) and they are really polluting the tank (like nano gold fishes), I think they belong more to some bigger biotope tank than this one so I will give them to someone with an bigger tank ASAP.

I had some fuzz algae issues because of overgrown plants and the lack of cleaning in the soil/sandy area, I’ve just done an huge trimming session to clean the mess, it should be ok again in 2-3 weeks. :)

Cheers!

Back