• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabi Kusa's meet - London

ghostsword

The London Mob is meeting to have a go at Wabi Kusa's, Sat 4th Dec 2010 mid day.

This is will be a great opportunity to get to grips with a wabi kusa setup from ground up. :)

I already purchased clay, some spagnum moss, the tray's and over £50 on a mix of Hygros.. :)

Intend to make enough Wabi's to give as Christmas presents.

By the way, I bought too many Hygrophilas, so if anyone wants some let me know. :)

I am setting up a couple of wabi's this weekend, but lots should be left over.

Matt, you know where I live, so if you feel like a trip to east end come and pick some plants.

Nothing from the wild.. I bought some clay, potting clay, will add some nutrients to it, then mix with coco fibers and spagnum moss and make some balls. Put on a pottery tray and add water.

I am happy for this meet to be opened up to UKAPS members :) (Although please let me do the inviting next time Luis.)

We have not yet worked out the logistics of getting all the necessary materials in.

Luis might have solved this problem for us by buying in enough for everyone :p
I will wait for him to post back after he has made his first batch of WK's as he can then guide us with how much is needed and\or what he has to spare.

Cheers George. It's a big advantage of living in London, I for one appreciate it :)

Often there are cheap tickets to\from London too. The trick is to book in advance.
We all made it to TGM and back for £20 in the summer.
For those out of town we will look after you well if you make the journey down here (I think SteveUK had a good weekend of it when he came down form the Midlands last :) )

Its great to see members getting together.

I may, in the future, hold something similar at my house. Maybe an opportunity to help others with image taking. :D

Thanks Mark.

We aim to do one LFKC meet each month. These are not inclusive, UKAPS members are welcome too :thumbup:

More often than not at someones house, but not always (this months was at the aqueous art gallery. LFS tours and restaurant meals also play a role).

We were recently invited to Aquajardin southampton as well, but that is for a future thread ;)

I see these meets as the backbone of a regional club. Makes it easier for us to share (we share fish, shrimps, plants, ideas, inspiration, and lots of food too!).

Re: Wabi Kusa's meet - London - Sat Dec 4th midday

just a reminder that the meeting to make Wabi Kusa's (and eat food, talk fishy stuff, stare at tanks, and so on :) ) is taking place this Saturday. Details here: http://www.lfkc.co.uk/index.php?topic=1139.0

If anyone wants to come along I'd appreciate if you could let me know by end of tomorrow (thu) so that I can buy in the right amount of food for lunch (going shopping first thing on Friday before work).

We've had to postpone this meet (transport in London is up the spout because of the snow).
I'll post here again once we have a rescheduled date set. Or, of course you can follow the thread over at LFKC :)

Back