• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
At last, I have my new TMC Signature tank! Sadly it's a very small one, only 45x45x30, but the Mrs would not allow me to have anything bigger in the house...She sounded quite serious I the time so I did not argue too much...A small tank is better than none...

I have never really cared about the hardscape, or rather I am rubbish at it, so all my experience is on buying a few plants I like the look of, throw it in the tank, up the CO2 and ferts...et voila! So far it worked pretty well, lets hope it carries on...

All the equipment I have for this tank has been used for bigger tanks, so most of the equipment is a bit of an overkill:

Eheim pro 3 external filter
Hydor 300w external heater
Vecton UV 300
CO2 atomiser and regulator from some random asian brand, but it has worked OK until now
And the biggest bottle of CO2 I could get (see pics) :)...but that came free from work and although it is too big to fit in the cabinet, I can't justify paying big bucks for something smaller
And last, but not least a Growbeam tile.

So, few plants arrived a few days ago but I did not have time to plant anything until now...

One thing I have learned: I am still rubbish at aquascaping! I am not really trying to do an iwagumi tank, that's far too much planning and thinking for a guy like me...but something with a few rocks, no wood, a few mosses, and carpet plants...whatever comes should be good, and as long as I can keep a few shrimps I'll be a happy man...

Some pics coming eventually ;)

ezunuryt.jpg

That's a lovely CO2 bottle you've got there. I particularly like the angle it is leaning at :thumbup:

That's a lovely CO2 bottle you've got there. I particularly like the angle it is leaning at :thumbup:

;) That's because I don't really have anything to secure it with, and that's a bit of a beast! I am scared to leave it straight as if it falls towards the tank it's definitely high enough to hit it/crack it...

;) That's because I don't really have anything to secure it with, and that's a bit of a beast! I am scared to leave it straight as if it falls towards the tank it's definitely high enough to hit it/crack it...

Get some thin chain and screw it to the wall and put it around the cylinder. Itll stop any chance of falling

Get some thin chain and screw it to the wall and put it around the cylinder. Itll stop any chance of falling
Yeah, that's what we do in our pub, but I rent the place I live in, so screws in wall is not allowed:(. That said, I have already drilled the ceiling to fit the lights ;)
At the moment the slightly tilted bottle will do :)

5edu6ade.jpg

So, first picture.
The water is still cloudy, and now you see what I mean by not being very good at aquascaping ;) Nevermind, I hope the plants grow well and it will look just fine for me :D
The green eheim pipes will be going soon, replaced by glass pipes.

Hi phathead, what are the 3 clumps in front of the rocks?

Also surly a couple screws in the wall is no worse than hanging a picture?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi phathead, what are the 3 clumps in front of the rocks?

Also surly a couple screws in the wall is no worse than hanging a picture?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The 3 clumps are pebbles with Xmas moss, theres is flame moss between the 3 rocks and HC all around...

Back