• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Walk up the hill - ADA 90P

notmysign

I thought I should share my upcoming scape.
I got this ADA 90P with light included for a good price. Second hand ADA tanks are rarely sold here so I could not stop my self purchasing it.
What I plan to use:

Specs

• ADA 90P
  • DIY stand
  • Micmol G2 Aqua Air Series 900 Planted
  • Eheim Frofessional 4+ 600 2275
  • Lilypipes from Aqua Rebel
  • 5 kg remade fire extinguisher without mudder
  • Oxyturbo dual guage regulator with solenoid valve
  • DIY reactor
  • Chihiros Doctor 3 in 1
Hardscape
  • ADA Power Sand Advance M
  • ADA Amazonia II
  • Loa Rocks
  • Spider wood
  • ADA La Plata Sand
Plants
  • ?
Ferts
  • Dry salts based of Dennis Wong ferts

So with that tank comes another problem and that is the stand, I do not have the money for ADA stand :) .
I tried to source a stand but decided to build it my self.
Huge thanks to Amer D for providing his build.
Here are some pictures from my building progress:

Here I have connected all the pieces
IMG_20190228_195122.jpg

Coating primer
IMG_20190304_181510.jpg

Test fit of doors:
IMG_20190306_155643.jpg

And after building like a spray booth in my garage I am pleased with the results:
IMG_20190315_173217.jpg
IMG_20190313_170734.jpg
IMG_20190313_170720.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_172829.jpg
    IMG_20190316_172829.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20190320_234158.jpg
    IMG_20190320_234158.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20190307_214404__01.jpg
    IMG_20190307_214404__01.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20190316_172758.jpg
    IMG_20190316_172758.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 285
Do you think I should extend the sand all the way to the left?
Yes I would extend it all the way across and perhaps take it along the LH side front to back as well. I'd also give some thought to breaking up the straight line created by the rocks along the front especially on the righthand side. It'd create a more natural look if you did.

Have you given some thought to swapping around the bigger rock at the back on the lefthand side for a smaller one. My focus is drawn to it, but I can't decide if it's needed to create a bit of tension or whether it just looks a bit out of place.

Over all though, I really like what you've created. The wood and rocks are in proportion and well placed and you've created a lot of planing space, which is something I need to work on; my scapes are usually too heavy on the hardscape.

Take a look at the scape that Filipe created for AG, it's similar to yours, and note the positioning of the rocks at the front, they interdigitate with the sand,,,

Nice try.

What you could do is put that middle rock more in the front to break the sand Line that is too straight.

Add details with small broken stones too

You wouldn't even need to touch the left side and it would look more natural

Yes I would extend it all the way across and perhaps take it along the LH side front to back as well. I'd also give some thought to breaking up the straight line created by the rocks along the front especially on the righthand side. It'd create a more natural look if you did.
I might try extending it. I was trying to recreate a stone shore line =)
That straight line in the front i was thinking to place various buces that sits near the sand to replicate bushes.

Have you given some thought to swapping around the bigger rock at the back on the lefthand side for a smaller one. My focus is drawn to it, but I can't decide if it's needed to create a bit of tension or whether it just looks a bit out of place.
Thanks! didnt notice that, will work on it[/QUOTE]

Over all though, I really like what you've created. The wood and rocks are in proportion and well placed and you've created a lot of planing space.
Thank you!

Nice try.

What you could do is put that middle rock more in the front to break the sand Line that is too straight.

Add details with small broken stones too

You wouldn't even need to touch the left side and it would look more natural
Like i wrote to Tim i will place various buce's to break the line and make it more intresting
Great tip! i will definitely break some rocks!

Thank you for all inputs, much appreciated!!

This is the plant list im looking at. feedback? =)

Riccardia sp. "chamedryfolia"
Rotala wallichii
Rotala sp. "Nanjenshan"
Bucephalandra sp. "Mini Needle Leaf"
Bucephalandra sp. "Lamandau Mini Red"
Bucephalandra sp. "Lamandau Purple"
Riccardia sp. "graeffei"
Utricularia graminifolia
Elatine hydropiper
Lobelia cardinalis 'Mini'
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
Cryptocoryne parva
Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis"
Taxiphyllum sp. "Flame Moss"
Plagiomnium cf. affine
Cryptocoryne albida 'Brown'
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Rotala sp. "Colorata"
Juncus repens
Cryptocoryne walkeri 'Hobbit'
Cryptocoryne x willisii "nevillii"

“Beach” affects look amazing when well done but also require regular maintenance to consistently look good

(to date I’ve always ended up deleting my attempts after 2-3 months - while I might be able to scour the landscape for suitable transition pieces, there’s little to be had in local aquarium/garden/landscape shops ...)

Balbi Vaquero has done some amazing sand meets land aquascapes (90cm tanks)
(recent home tank rescape)

And this one from Interzoo 2018 (just a short sequence in George Farmers video - note this aquascape had some changes after traveling that only made it better) - starting ~5:40

Filipe Oliveira FB page has some 90cm (Round Race) scapes
https://www.facebook.com/FAAOAquascaping/

Filipe Oliveira at Green Aqua - 120cm so not as easy to imagine how this would translate to a 90cm (successfully)
For photo updates just check Green Aqua FB page
Hardscape

Planting

For your present layout, I’d leave the soil side but muddle that too straight too defined transition ... possibly angle that stone front so it creates more a triangular shape

Well done on NOT resisting this purchase!
And fantastic work on the stand

“Beach” affects look amazing when well done but also require regular maintenance to consistently look good

(to date I’ve always ended up deleting my attempts after 2-3 months - while I might be able to scour the landscape for suitable transition pieces, there’s little to be had in local aquarium/garden/landscape shops
Thanks for showing some videos of how to achieve beach effects. I actually have some scapes that i got my inspiration from and wanting to sort of replicate and the first one is from southback aqua:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqaRwoxljDX/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
5afddf79ece63_img.jpeg

the second scape is from BD aquascaping:

For your present layout, I’d leave the soil side but muddle that too straight too defined transition ... possibly angle that stone front so it creates more a triangular shape

Well done on NOT resisting this purchase!
And fantastic work on the stand

Haha i cant say my wife was happy with the purchase but since i sold my old it was more ok wich makes me happy =)

I will definitely play more with the transition

So this Wednesday I received my plants and planted it. Everything went smoothly. The only downside was the elatine hydropiper gave off a really bad smell when I opened it and decided I did not want to use it, all the top parts where had nice leaves but the rest was brown in color and its roots didn't look healthy. All 3 pots where from tropica. I guess they had been on the shelves for long and the bottom part had begging to rot or something. This order was from germany. My retailer in Sweden always order directly from tropical when they recive an order.

Lights: 14.00 - 20.30 (30 min ramp down)
Co2: 12.00 - 20.00
Ferts: My plan is this and see how things progress.
4 Times a week:
NO3: 1.5ppm
PO4: 0.7ppm
Fe: 0.03ppm
K: 4ppm
If there is anything else someone wants to know, feel free to ask.
I also have flame moss but I don't know where to place it yet. Have not decided. And the pelia clay disc had some left and I thought I could cultivate it rather than throw it in the trash.
I hope everything will fill out nicely
IMG_20190330_171808.jpg

Fish suggestions are welcomed :) what I had in mind is
Corydoras pygmaeus
Dwarf gourami
And a schooling fish

Last edited:
Good luck with the UG, always been a tricky one for me. Lovely if you can get it to grow. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back