• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Walstad Native Journal

Is it unfeasible to go to the river and collect it yourself, you could do 2 x 50% water changes with a 25l container?
Cheers!

This made me remember Bazz's suggestion. Take a look at the river water... Not my ideal level of clarity.

Came back from a shop that sells stuff for plants. "Those" plants, specifically. Buenos Aires... Full of the stuff.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Anyway. I'll begin dosing very, very small amounts of a NPK 3 - 8 - 11 now and again, see if those pinholes start to recede. It also has 1% magnesium and 20% humic and fulvic acids. I diluted two drops in a 500 ml bottle, and threw in a little squeeze. I will repeat every three days. Many of you have experience with this. Opinions?

I suspect the Jenynsias can smell whether I actually paid for something or not. I bought some Tiger Amazon Frogbit (native to here, but hard to find) and the cretins are devouring it.

I walked past the tank and I saw a female Jenynsia in clear distress/throes of death. I had just added a tiny grain of urea, and I panicked. Literally did a 50% WC in less than 45 seconds, uprooting a good couple of plants in the process. When I calmed down and actually looked harder, all the fish are fine except her, and she seems to have suffered some sort of blunt trauma, right behind her head. Very odd. I don't think she'll make it, too. I wonder what can squish an inch-long fish underwater without me noticing the shift, it has to have been something rather large...

IMG_2456.JPG

IMG_2457.JPG

Back