• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WARNING: Eheim Pickup 45 filter

Hi everyone, just wanted to warn you all away from this filter. It became detached from the suckers that hold it in place overnight. The holes where the suckers fit into goes directly into the impeller area. Unfortunately the holes are also big enough for fish to fit through, and my betta fish was killed during the night by it.

eheim.PNG

Hi @spleenharvester

So sorry to hear about this. It's another product from Eheim where they have overlooked the possibility of livestock finding a way into 'the works'. The other well-known example is, of course, the skim350.

JPC

Hi @spleenharvester

So sorry to hear about this. It's another product from Eheim where they have overlooked the possibility of livestock finding a way into 'the works'. The other well-known example is, of course, the skim350.

JPC
Thank you. It's such a shame, he was an absolutely stunning fish, never seen another one this beautiful.

s-l1600.jpg

Hi everyone, just wanted to warn you all away from this filter. It became detached from the suckers that hold it in place overnight. The holes where the suckers fit into goes directly into the impeller area. Unfortunately the holes are also big enough for fish to fit through, and my betta fish was killed during the night by it.

View attachment 181639
Hi @spleenharvester, Oh man! I am sorry to hear that! :( The design of this particular product seems pretty weak to me if the relatively large attachment holes for the suction cubs are connected directly to the impeller area ? - why the heck would they design it like that (?)

On a sidenote: (and I know that wasn't the case in this particular instance) : Suction cups, especially when not attached to a clean surface, or when they are getting old and the plastic hardens, are prone to detach.

Cheers,
Michael

Back