• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water change processes

When using the method where you run the water into a bucket within the sink which a pipe syphon into the tank, do you add dechlorinator every so often into the bucket or the tank whilst the water runs?

I filter rainwater through kitchen roll. It’s stored outside until I plan a water change then I fill up some 5 litre containers and bring them indoors to sit on the radiator to warm up a bit. I also use a small amount of filtered tap water.
I’m only servicing a 60L and 37L Nano so a 2.2L plastic jug from Amazon has proved to be really handy for water changes.

When using the method where you run the water into a bucket within the sink which a pipe syphon into the tank, do you add dechlorinator every so often into the bucket or the tank whilst the water runs?
If you add buckets treat the individual buckets, if you're doing it via a hose pipe dose the full tank volume with de clorinator.

Back