• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water Circulation

DanPennells11

Seedling
Evening All!

I have just received my new tank. It’s 60 inch long, 12 inch high and 8 inch width.
I purchased the Betta Choice 700 UV filter.
Currently I am running the tank through a cycle but I’ve noticed that there is stagnant water at one end of the tank. I have the inlet and outlet and opposite ends. I have also tried it with the inlet/outlet at the same end. Neither position gives good flow through the entire tank.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the flow moving through the tank? I am starting to wonder if the filter is not powerful enough for the length of the tank!

Thanks in advance!

Are you using a spraybar i find it helps a lot with more thorough flow that seems to travel a longer distance underwater, or like wolf said powerheads are great, you could also use a surface skimmer to skim surface films and increase general flow in the tank, which kills 2 birds with one stone as they say.

Back