• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water Conditioner - Which to buy

Tankless

With black Friday approaching, I'm need of water conditioner. I've come across API stress coat water conditioner 1.9 litres for £17.79. Anyone know how many ml decholorinates how many litres. I'm trying to determine if it will be more economical than seechem prime. Currently in the process of getting my tank bank in order after a long period of neglect, in preparation of a rescape.

Seachem Prime. With weekly 40% WC in my two 150L tanks, a 500 ml bottle will last about 3 years... uncharacteristically good value for a Seachem product. Does anyone know what the shelf-life is on this stuff btw?

Cheers,
Michael

Seachem Prime. With weekly 40% WC in my two 150L tanks, a 500 ml bottle will last about 3 years... uncharacteristically good value for a Seachem product. Does anyone know what the shelf-life is on this stuff btw?

Cheers,
Michael
Seachem say keeps indefinitely if stored correctly,by which I presume they mean no extremes of temperature and in the dark.

I'm trying to determine if it will be more economical than seechem prime
If its purely about cost the seachem safe would be the better option, although if your tank is less than 50G measuring safe could be a bit of a faff.

Based on random uk prices.
Prime 500ml £17.32 treats 20,000 liters.
Safe 50g £8.99 treats 48,000 litres.

Thank you all for the responses. Those dilution rates are crazy. I still use the old bucket in a water method 😅. I'd need 0.25ml of seechem prime for every 10 litre bucket 🤔

Back