• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Water flow in the planted aquarium?

Wookii

Okay thanks now I know . So tetra would probably be a better option

Only the smallest tetra I would say. Maybe some Embers or Green Neons if you can provide some hiding places in the hardscape design. Even then though - I have Embers in a 60 litre tank, and whilst they are fine, they can lap the tank in about three seconds, and think they would be more comfortable in a larger tank.

Bowman

Hi everyone, I know this is a really old thread but I'm hoping someone could help me. I have a Jewel 190 trigon corner aquarium and have major problems with flow around the tank. I admit, its not a highly planted tank, so may not be the best thread to post on but there have been some very good suggestions regarding spray bars. As the tank is basically a wedge I am struggling to find a good solution. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Luketendo

Hi everyone, I know this is a really old thread but I'm hoping someone could help me. I have a Jewel 190 trigon corner aquarium and have major problems with flow around the tank. I admit, its not a highly planted tank, so may not be the best thread to post on but there have been some very good suggestions regarding spray bars. As the tank is basically a wedge I am struggling to find a good solution. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Could use a circulation pump or two, like the ones used in marine aquariums.

Andrew Butler

I'm unsure where but there's a thread on this forum about the exact same issue you are talking about, if you or someone else can find it then it would hopefully help. I recall them trying a spraybar that went vertically, instead of horizontally but unsure exactly what the result was, sorry.

Bowman

Thanks hogan, very interesting read as have the exact same tank. Can't believe how good all his scapes are! The Mrs decided to have her 2p last weekend and now I have to accommodate a pirate ship and some other novelty pirate items. Makes it exceptionally hard to scape but may try a cove type setting or something similar.