• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water flow in unfiltered tank?

Sacha

I have an unfiltered nano wabi- Kusa bowl that I have recently flooded. It is home to one nerite snail currently, hopefully more snails/ shrimp to come soon.

It is heavily planted with HC and a few stem plants. I have a small air pump connected to some airline tubing. This oxygenates the water and keeps a nice flow through the tank, preventing the water from becoming stagnant.

Now here's my question. The tank is in my bedroom and the pump is loud. Is it ok for me to turn the pump off at night? Will the snails/ future shrimp be ok in a bowl with no nighttime water movement/ filtration?

I think they would be fine. I've ordered shrimp from the internet before, it took 32 hours for them to arrive in a sealed container that only had a heat pack.

I think you'll just have to keep an eye on the shrimp and see how they're doing each day. I doubt they would just die suddenly, you'd notice a change in their behaviour/swimming before anything bad happened.

Can we get some pictures?

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any shrimp in there yet, just a single zebra nerite snail. Will get some photos up later today

Last edited:
Back