Water flow/turnover

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by russchilds, 21 Jan 2010.

1. russchilds

russchilds Member

Hi,

In an aquarium where its not possible to have an external filter, can I add a power-head to increase the circulation and would this effect the internal filter in any way? I want to put the power head above the C02 diffuser to push the c02 over a carpet of HC.

If its ok can any recommend a good powerhead for a 60cm long tank?

Many thanks,
    Russ :D

2. chilled84

chilled84 Member

Can you not positon your outlet nozzle on your internal to shoot the flow over the difuser towards the carpet of hc? If not can you attach a flow reflector to the outlet? It will sve you csh in that size tank, :D

3. andyh

andyh Member

Yes it fine to put power head above CO2 to blow round your tank.
    I use a Koralia nano in my 60, excellent bit of kit :thumbup:

4. russchilds

russchilds Member

Cheers! :D

5. chilled84

chilled84 Member

love the disregard of my rspounce lol

6. russchilds

russchilds Member

oops sorry chilled84. :oops: I have juwel internal and the flow is weak so couldn't use outlet nozzle. I also like to have a tiny bit of surface movement (not much as I don't want to waste C02). In my Osaka I have HC growing really well but I have an over rated external with spray bar that gives great flow. Thats for the reply as it s always nice to save some money!! :D