• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

water flow

danmil3s

hi all just wondering what you all thought about water flow what's better for fert distribution.would it be the wter in the tank to go round in a loop, as in come out near the filter in let do a lap then go back in the filter or would a more random water patten be better. im hoping it doesn't really matter because im struggling to get a loop flow going in my 750l tank running a 9000lph sump filter pump a 2200 lph power head a 750 lph power head and a fluavl 205 dont want to fill the tank with power heads and haven't got room for more filters but i think with maybe 1 large or 2 small power heads i could get nice water movement all over the tank interesting to see if you guys think this will work or if i need to keep trying for the loop
thanks for reading

I am no expert, having not had a tank above 160l. ...I would say if using a number of different pumps try to make sure none of them cancel each other out. Other than that just experiment with what you have and not worry about loop\random. Also if investing in new kit go for flow pumps (Koralia, etc) rather than powerheads.

ok thanks for your help im going to give up with loop its just to difficult with out adding 8 small flow pumps would i be right in thinking a flow pump has an exposed propeller where as a power head has an in cased impeller if so my 2200lph is a flow pump not a power head my bad didnt realise there was different names for them iv orderd this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D1
probably fall apart in a week hopefull last till i can get a proper one

Back