• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water keepers And medical Treatment Of Fish

Also found out there is a new fluke that is being imported on koi from Japan.
That is immune to latest fluke treatments.
If you koi keepers get it. As one of my mate has. And can t get rid of it. Phone or get in touch with Paula Reynolds.
http://www.lincsfishhealth.co.uk/
My mate sent a video of the scrape from micro scope. And she confirmed the fluke was as said above. There working on a treatment for it. And advised him what to do.
Fred

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It actualy should be a wake up call for the proffesional and commercial breeders in the trade. The are the ones bombarding their breeding facilities with medication and causing drug resistance. They question why and how in the first place? Likely can be answered with minimaly or bad maintained, unbalanced and over populated facilities to make the most cash out of it.

I'm afraid it will never change, they simply force people like Paula Reynolds to find a cure for their greed.

I think you're right about that Marcel, unfortunately. It's the same for microbial resistance to antibiotics and the impact on human health. Much of the responsibility for this falls at the feet of the intensive animal husbandry industry pumping our food full of antibiotics. It's one reason I don't eat farmed salmon, for instance.

Crikey, drug resistance is always a bit disturbing. I hope they find a treatment soon. Keep us updated Fred.
Ok mate. If you look at say the fluke situation. There changing all the time.
Fluke solve fluke m. Fluke P.
I think they advised him to quarantine the individual fish treat it stronger treatment as in more fluke P and go from there. Until they come up with something.In other words take a chance on losing one individual fish. And put the fish in a holding vat .and give the pond a deep clean . My mate the other year used caustic soda on his pond.
Drastic but effective.
When I had that black algi. I used bleach.
Worked though.
Took my pond 5 months to recover the bio maturity back.
Fred

It actualy should be a wake up call for the proffesional and commercial breeders in the trade. The are the ones bombarding their breeding facilities with medication and causing drug resistance. They question why and how in the first place? Likely can be answered with minimaly or bad maintained, unbalanced and over populated facilities to make the most cash out of it.

I'm afraid it will never change, they simply force people like Paula Reynolds to find a cure for their greed.
Agree mate . Profit and greed come to mind.
I have seen people take 5 fish home. And lose the lot in 3 or 4 days.
Reason. There commercial holding tanks have salt. And chemical s in. To keep bugs at bay.
And when they add them to there ponds.
The fish can t handle there pond water.
If I spent a lot of money on a koi. Like say over a thousand pounds.
I would now only pay if the fish has been heat ramped. Read this link. Paula Reynolds
Doing interviews.

https://www.avenuefisheries.com/bio-security/

Fred

Back