• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

water pumps

Nick16

hi, im in the market for a cheap water pump to aid my W/C's. i currently own an eheim compact 1000 and whilst it was ok on a 240L its not going to cut the mustard on my larger aquarium. i really need something that i can connect tubing to both ends, like the larger eheim models, and something that can pump 2000-3000 lph, rather than the 1000 of my current one.

any one know of any going cheap etc?

what one do you guys use?

if you were to connect tubing for both ways it wouldnt work, as these type of pumps dont have a prime on them.

ahh ok, so how do they work on cosed system loops.

so what about ones with an outlet that tubing can fit on and just a standard inlet (normally in the form of a grill) - anyone recommend a good one of those. ?

i belive the eheim compact+ 2000, 3000 and 5000's come with adaptors, so that i can have two hoses attached (inlet and outlet) or just the one (outlet) like in the standard compacts (the 300, 600 and 1000)

am i correct in saying this? let me know if im not making any sense, im trying to get hold of one fairly soonish.

the closed loop ones work, as that, closed loop, just like filters do without primes, you have to fill the tubing up with water and then turn it on.

Back