• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Watercooling pump as pump ?

eminor

Hello, I have a high end watercooling pump, it has a flow rate of 330 gallons per hour (1500l), I have attached the data sheet above, is it possible to use it instead of the one in the external filter?

i want to do something like that

canister.png

970_2.jpg

Last edited:
Just have to be careful as some pumps are designed to "push" water far far better than they can pull. In fish world it is better to "pull" after the filter so you are pumping cleaner water.

Plus the pump isn't designed to work with water which has detritus and other organics, water cooling systems are normally a closed system and fairly sterile compared to are tanks.
Will it work - yes but for how long, having had a water cooled PC for years then when taking it apart and seeing how spotless every thing was, then comparing that with my pumps on tank when I clean them and lots of detritus. The life of the pump may be greatly affect if used on your tank and may even be quite short as the pump also isn't designed for regular cleaning .

Plus the pump isn't designed to work with water which has detritus and other organics, water cooling systems are normally a closed system and fairly sterile compared to are tanks.
Will it work - yes but for how long, having had a water cooled PC for years then when taking it apart and seeing how spotless every thing was, then comparing that with my pumps on tank when I clean them and lots of detritus. The life of the pump may be greatly affect if used on your tank and may even be quite short as the pump also isn't designed for regular cleaning .
Indeed. It is an extremely quiet pump as there is no impeller, it is very powerful, h.max 3.9 meters.To clean it's not really difficult, i want to use it in my 15 gallons, flow is king, maybe a bit overkill though :crazy:

I finished the assembly with the watercooling pump, I think I must be not far from 1000l/h real, because these are pumps that I believe are designed to force in tight places like watercooling radiators, the flow is much stronger than with the rotor of the filter eden 521, 800l/h

I'm a bit afraid for my tetras, they really have to force to swim, do you think it's too strong for them?

noise level : it's very quiet, brushless motor, nothing like an impeller

The spray bar is small, I have to enlarge it, all the plants are moving so I guess the distribution of CO2 and nutrients must be good

Back