• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waveless Box

Re: Fishless Box

Thanks andy - the drop checker is pretty sweet. I think my favourite purchase so far.

Might add some fish to this tank one day!

Cheers
Paul

Wow great job and great photos too
Thanks Arana - I have been taking note of the settings used by the more talented picture takers on this forum. For me they are a huge improvement.

I dont think it needs any other plants, just needs time to fill in that's all
The vali at the back is a very new addition, I'm just not sure it will work out? I need some patience!

Cheers
Paul

Been a while! So a quick update.

Well the original tank kind of got run down while I concentrated on my 180 litre. I am not sure what I want to do in terms of livestock, been thinking about Badis badis, but that will be a while of yet.

The tank before it was taken down, no CO2, no liquid carbon and dirty lily pipes!
IMAG0201.jpg

I also decided to try and build a stand - it didn't go quite to plan. I used 12mm MDF and wood uprights for extra support. The choice of uprights meant that I couldn't use hidden hinges. I got the wood cut at B&Q when I bought the MDF, unfortunately I got measurements wrong (doh). But overall I find acceptable for a first go.
IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Been thinking about the things I have wanted to improve in terms of aquascape, the thing I have always felt I missed was not enough slope!

Empty tank on the stand, in situ
IMAG0220.jpg

Here you can clearly see the manifestation of my inability to measure
IMAG0221.jpg

My proposed new layout
IMAG0231.jpg

I also picked up some Utricularia graminifolia from Aquajardin today and I am going to have a go at a dry start. I only picked up one pot to see how things go...

Finally, apologies all pictures were taken on my phone, but I will dig out the proper camera and post some pictures of my attempt at a dry start.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Tom and Rik - I figure with a dry start I also have some time to tinker with hardscape a bit, especially towards the back as I have yet to plant there. If the UG takes, then I will add more and it will probably be my only plant species.

Cheers
Paul

Re: Waveless Box - dry start

Hello all

Thought I would post a quick update on my new DSM project, not a huge amount to report except that the UG is still alive, but it hasn't exactly taken off either. I do however seem to be doing well at growing cyanobacteria! Well I think it's cyanobacteria?

It is very low maintenance at the moment, which is good. I just spray every morning before work - job done!

DSC_0762.JPG

What I think is cyanobacteria?
DSC_0764.JPG

From the front - it hasn't really grown much, but then it's not dead either...
DSC_0767.JPG

Thanks for looking
Paul

Back