• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

We all have to start somewhere , so here goes......

JaExile

I started fishkeeping when I was in my early teens (early 70's) with a 60x30x30 tank in my bedroom in Jamaica. my budgets and knowledge were equally small, though we didn't need heaters! My attempts to grow plants failed miserably.
Fast forward about 30 years and 5000 + miles and now living in Bristol I acquired a slightly larger tank and an initial understanding of liquid fertilisers and Injecting Co2 moved me a little bit further forward though a challenging job, young family and stuff got in the way. Alas moving house to Lichfield in 2003 meant that the tank had to go.
FINALLY in 2017 I managed to start again with a tank 120x60x60 with the full jbl Co2 system and the desire to try to properly aquascape. I wanted to create some that looked like George Farmer had done, however most of the time it looks more like the work of Farmer Giles handiwork and many plants (mostly crypts ) have been unintentionally sacrificed. I Will post a picture tomorrow of them work in progress.
The lockdown has brought home to me how many non refillable Co2 canisters I have been using and how expensive they are, so I am already in the debt of this forum for giving me the name of a supplier so fingers crossed on Monday we move to the next stage. However it's clear that I have so much to learn so I.'ll be doing a lot of thread reading over the coming weeks to avoid wasting your collective time.
Stay safe

Hi and welcome ask away as many question as you need there are plenty of experts that will help you good luck

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome . I have started to read some if the posts and I reminded me that I ceased studying chemistry in 1974! Looks like I'm going to be investing in some iron and phosphate test kits and some towels for my head as I try to get my head around the more technical puzzles.

Back