• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

Yes. I have given up on the app entirely and run the light at 100% for 6 hours, the dimming changes the spectral peaks not the brightness so each step give a different colour light which is very annoying.

Shame the app makes the light a nightmare I like the lighting quality (the quality of the the light itself not the lighting unit) very much and would pick it over a chihiros if this was the only factor in the decision.

the dimming changes the spectral peaks not the brightness so each step give a different colour light which is very annoying.
They what now :oops: And they charge good money for these lights?
Thanks for this bit of info Garuf, this light suddenly doesnt make my list of candidates for a new light, at least until they fix this and have a workable app

Yes. I have given up on the app entirely and run the light at 100% for 6 hours, the dimming changes the spectral peaks not the brightness so each step give a different colour light which is very annoying.

Shame the app makes the light a nightmare I like the lighting quality (the quality of the the light itself not the lighting unit) very much and would pick it over a chihiros if this was the only factor in the decision.
The light is known to have one of the best color rendering out there. It is also cheaper compared to others of the same range. All the people I have talked to that own that light say the same thing. Light is excellent, app is crappy. This said, they all said they are able to setup the light with the app. The issue they experience is the following and I quote:
The app is not great, the light rendition is fantastic. You cannot ramp up/down the light like sunrise/sunset, I’ve not figured out how to save more than one time schedule, you can set up to six light intensity modes however. You have to nearly delete it all and start over for it to actually go into effect for a new light intensity mode however and that sucks. If you don’t frequently change your light settings you will be happy with it. The light makes plants look better than any other light I have had by far. I have had Chihiros wrgb2, Nilocg Prizm, ATI Sunpower t5, twinstar S. If I needed a new light today I would buy Week Aqua or Netlea, I just wish everyone’s app was as good as Chihiros.
@Garuf I'm surprised you couldn't even get even one schedule set up on the app. Maybe worth a retry?
They what now :oops: And they charge good money for these lights?
Thanks for this bit of info Garuf, this light suddenly doesnt make my list of candidates for a new light, at least until they fix this and have a workable app
Well it's basically a replica of ADA's Solar RGB which charges 1000USD for a light. Week Aqua here where I am can be purchased for less than 200USD, so that's that.

Last edited:
After 3 weeks with the WRGB2 Pro, I have to say that I am pretty happy with the light. The colour is a little better than the original WRGB2 though the spectrum is far from complete. @adriancarr in a separate thread has posted the spectrum of the white channel and how it adds a little bit to the original RGB spectrum.

The comments about the colours being washed out are most likely due to the white channel being run at 100%. As adriancarr's spectrograph shows, the White channel spectrum is pretty strong in green, and since we don't usually run the green channel at 100%, we similarly shouldn't run the white channel at 100%.

App:The app is really good now and of course, having 1 app to control both the WRGB2 Pro and WRGB2 is useful.
Heat: This is a surprise to me. Running at the same percentage lighting (currently I am running WRGB2Pro and WRGB2 at 70%), they are both barely warm and the WRGB2 Pro is not noticeably hotter than the WRGB2 despite higher power consumption. I guess the heatsink can still cope at 70%. Will report back on heat issues when I hit 100%. (My daytime room temps can reach 30 degrees C)
Shade: This is a slight annoyance. The WRGB2 Shade is not designed for the WRGB2 Pro. However, you can still hook it onto the light using one of the other slots and it is stable. Hard to describe it in words, but TLDR the original Shade is usable even though it doesn't fit perfectly.

Whether that little addition of spectrum is 'worth it' is a separate question of course.....

By the way, the bulbs (ie LED chips) in the WRGB2 Pro are noticeably 'larger' that the original WRGB2 (i.e. when turned on, the circles of light in the WRGB2 Pro are larger).

Last edited:
Convo with Week Aqua.
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 08.15.16.jpg

To which I then shared a few pretty nasty comments about the app on forums and social media and heavily insisted about the crappines of the app...
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 08.16.56.jpg

Let's see if the app gets updated any time soon and if they work as hard as they say they will...
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 08.25.56.jpg

Last edited:
Convo with Week Aqua.
View attachment 190740
To which I then shared a few pretty nasty comments about the app on forums and social media and heavily insisted about the crappines of the app...
View attachment 190741
Let's see if the app gets updated any time soon and if they work as hard as they say they will...
View attachment 190742

I hope they do get it sorted - it would be nice to have a viable alternative to Chihiros, and I quite fancy giving some of their T70 form factor RGB lights a whirl.

I hope they do get it sorted - it would be nice to have a viable alternative to Chihiros, and I quite fancy giving some of their T70 form factor RGB lights a whirl.
Had to google T70. All I got were war tanks. Do you mean tankesque lights? 😂
I am pretty interested in the A430 Pro myself but that app story is making me feel not so confy. Sometimes with these companies you need to rattle their cages. That's how I did with Chihiros and changes happened as a consequence.

Had to google T70. All I got were war tanks. Do you mean tankesque lights? 😂

🤣

For a long time I've been after a narrow point source light to add some shimmer and shadow to some of my tanks, whilst being able to keep the great colour rendition of the RGB LED based lights. The T70's (not tanks lol) are the closest I've seen so far (also discussed here: Week Aqua RGB-UV):

26464939.jpg

Last edited:
Do companies not gather feedback anymore?
As long as they are selling they don't care, at least that's how some companies/manufacturers act. Look at her first comment when I mentioned the app thing. "So far, the feedback of our A Series customers is very good. We have no plan to update yet". Lol
Once in a while I will send her some videos talking more nasty about the app... Just so that she doesn't forget....that I didn't forget 😉

To be fair to week aqua, my understanding is that they come from a horticultural light background and the features they need in industry are: on, and off. Even ADA and uns who use their light boards didn’t have even a soft start feature until very recently so I think they (week aqua) achieved the bare minimum of what was asked and called it good.

I mean. For the first day I couldn’t figure out how to make the light to turn on more than only the blue leds.

I think like most new companies that have come from manufacturing to customer facing, they’re now facing the different realities and expectations of the new market.

If they can make the app as versatile as chihiros’ or as stable as the twinstar etc third party timers then they have a really great product to sell. Without it’s like an amazing car with a steering wheel that falls off.

The lights look great spec and price wise ... M Series 1200 Pro would be great for my setup, but I'd want a functional app!

To be fair to week aqua, my understanding is that they come from a horticultural light background and the features they need in industry are: on, and off. Even ADA and uns who use their light boards didn’t have even a soft start feature until very recently so I think they (week aqua) achieved the bare minimum of what was asked and called it good.
That's not an excuse. ADA when commercializing their products did not include software, if they did they would have made sure it's working. Bugs happen but here clearly Week Aqua butchered the app. They totally and completely trashed it, it's not just bugs. To me there is no excuse to selling such a product and then crapping out the app, since it's an integral part of how they promote the product. It's not like an add-on or some goodies you get extra where you can say, "oh well, no biggy". People purchase the light with the obvious understanding and expectation that the light is control-able via an app, specially considering the power that would need to be tamed in smaller tanks.

In fact the app starts pretty bad. I downloaded it myself for the sake of testing it. Before even adding any light, it can detect all sorts of bluetooth devices in the neighbourhood, ranging from TVs, telephones, power strips, and god knows what else. That as a starter is no bueno and shows complete carelessness. I couldn't go any further with the app since I don't have a Week Aqua light but that alone triggered me.

Last edited:
While I bought the WRGB2 last month at a discount, it seems that the 'discount' is permanent - i.e. Chihiros probably reduced the price of the WRGB to differentiate it from the WRGB2 pro, or perhaps due to competition from products like Week Aqua. If your LFS is selling WRGB2 at reduced prices, it may well be worth a look... sometimes 'tried and tested' and 'less headache' is the way to go....

in terms of app controlled LEDs, I would add that there are 3rd party lightscreen makers that simply buy off the shelf bluetooth controllers and app and still make them work well with their lightscreen (Flux Aqua and Townbright.sg [I suspect Flux Aqua gets its lightscreen from Townbright and adds a markup - since they are the same product and Flux Aqua charges a lot more). So it really is not that hard to come up with a functional app....

294234513_10166284937830433_58861973932042259_n.jpg

Cant seem to be able to share the exact post, but this is the PAR for a P600. Time to increase the light intensity in my tank! 😅

I own a l600 d pro and as we all know, the color rendition of the light is really good, but the app sucks. Although, I got it to work, I mean, I am able to set sunrise/sunset and adjust the colors, it is very hard to use and the overall experience using the app is really bad. It's a lot easier for me now that I know how the app behaves, but it's not something that should have been released to production. If they can't fix it, perhaps they can open source the code so the community can help.

I own a l600 d pro and as we all know, the color rendition of the light is really good, but the app sucks. Although, I got it to work, I mean, I am able to set sunrise/sunset and adjust the colors, it is very hard to use and the overall experience using the app is really bad. It's a lot easier for me now that I know how the app behaves, but it's not something that should have been released to production. If they can't fix it, perhaps they can open source the code so the community can help.
I keep nagging them every few days through their whatsapp account sending them reports like yours for them to move their ar*** and fix what needs to be fixed.

I got myself an A430 Pro knowing well the downsides of the app but it was more than half the price of a vivid2 so that’s that. I shall receive the light today in principal and I will keep bothering them untill the app gets updated. I read somewhere that the app was actually subcontracted to some third party and that basically they are held hostage with the app. Regardless it’s not an excuse for such crappyness.

Back