• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

I've had the lights running for a week now.

Yes, the app is total fiery dog ****.

However, has anyone noticed the spectrum changing slightly throughout the day? Sometimes I'll be watching the tank and then just suddenly the lights flicker to something a bit different. The overall aesthetic doesn't change but there's something happening...

I've had the lights running for a week now.

Yes, the app is total fiery dog ****.

However, has anyone noticed the spectrum changing slightly throughout the day? Sometimes I'll be watching the tank and then just suddenly the lights flicker to something a bit different. The overall aesthetic doesn't change but there's something happening...
Weird. Never seen this. Reset the settings and start over. Try to set everything in one go withouth coming back to make adjustments.

Kraken is out
Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 08.54.08.jpg

Haven’t download it but update seems major since they went from v1.3 to v3.
View attachment 202394
Thanks for letting us know. I just updated it. The app seems to be much more simplified and no longer feels like something in alpha testing.

Still not sure why you can't do ramp up and down unless it's 100% but that's another thing.

The proof will be in the stability and reliability of the app long term, but at least it's been updated and I didn't pull a single thread of hair!

Thanks for letting us know. I just updated it. The app seems to be much more simplified and no longer feels like something in alpha testing.

Still not sure why you can't do ramp up and down unless it's 100% but that's another thing.

The proof will be in the stability and reliability of the app long term, but at least it's been updated and I didn't pull a single thread of hair!
Good to hear. I'll try it tonight when I get home.
So they haven't fixed/added a proper ramp feature?

The new app has arrived. Look good. Trying now. Hope custom setting + time schedule don't give funny color 😅. Man the funny thing are the new app also has new board v3. 🤷🏻‍♀️

They can't stop with the updates now. A new one is out in just 2 days 😂

Not that I can see. Once you've set your settings and click the ramp option, you can see the light gets brighter.
Does the app remember the settings after the update or you have to reconfigure all from scratch? Haven't updated the app yet as I am fearing I will have to reconfigure all again.

A new one is out in just 2 days
Wow, somebody put a firecracker up their butts clearly! As it should be though. If a product relies on app for function, the app's functionally and UX should be just as much of a priority as getting hardware into hands.
Does the app remember the settings after the update or you have to reconfigure all from scratch?
I think it did appear to have the same time schedule when I opened the new app but honestly I can't remember. I assume the brightness was the same too but I can't verify as I updated it before the lights came on. Even if it didn't, it gave hardly any trouble setting up and worked FIRST TIME.

So there’s no way to switch between automatic and manual modes? So no way to test colour mixes etc either?
Not that I can see! I used to use the manual function to turn on the lights for a clean/water change because I normally do it before the photoperiod. I had to go into settings as if I was changing my schedule and change the time to 8am so the lights stayed on.
Don't the lights turn on once you start moving the RGB sliders?
Only if the time changes to the current time. So I had to change the schedule to 8am. Hopefully it doesn't mess with things later.

Back