• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

Oh wow, ok so there is MUCH more into this than I originally thought. Glad to understand that they arent necessarily just "substitutable".

There isn't really very much too it, I suspect you're overthinking it. They're lights at the end of the day. They'll all light your tank up, and they'll all do it equally well. It's just some will give you more control of the light being output than the others. Sure @Hanuman's point on the power supplies is a valid one (and I've actually upgrade mine to a chunky 10A metal Meanwell one to run my three T90 Pros, as a) I wanted a better PSU, and b) I only wanted one run of cabling from the adjacent room), but aside from that its all much of a muchness - all the listed manufacturers (ADA, UNS, Chihiros, Week Aqua etc) produce good quality RGB lights with good colour rendition. The decision does come down to desired functionality and form factor.

Not entirely sure what the logic going on there is.

I suspect its just the case of an OEM manufacturer deciding to start producing a finished product to sell directly to end users, and the teething issues that brings. They can do the hardware just fine and that has been their focus, but the software is something the third party brand normally handles, so they are now playing catch-up realising that arguably the software and usability are of equal, if not greater, importance than the hardware.

Got some tasty crunchy update, well if we can call that an update... pun intended.
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 17.15.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 17.19.36.jpg

I'm going to fight the power by never giving Week Aqua a dollar of my money personally...

I think a big part of this problem, in this industry and many others, is that people keep buying things from companies like this effectively funding them to continue to run their bad business practices and cause new customers hardship in turn.

The way to affect change, imho anyway, is to vote with your wallet. Don't support and buy products from the bad companies. Boycott them and tell your friends to as well and they will go out of business leaving only the good one to remain.

Trying to teach a bad company how to treat customers, run a business, and/or fix their flawed products, when they clearly don't care, is a waste of one's life imo and the time would be better spent helping and supporting good companies to refine their products.

Just one guy's opinions, YMMV of course👍...

Last edited:
I think a big part of this problem, in this industry and many others, is that people keep buying things from companies like this effectively funding them to continue to run their bad business practices and cause new customers hardship in turn.

The way to affect change, imho anyway, is to vote with your wallet. Don't support and buy products from the bad companies. Boycott them and tell your friends to as well and they will go out of business leaving only the good one to remain.

Trying to teach a bad company how to treat customers, run a business, and/or fix their flawed products, when they clearly don't care, is a waste of one's life imo and the time would be better spent helping and supporting good companies to refine their products.

Just one guy's opinions, YMMV of course👍...
Personally I have never been a strong believer in boycotting companies for the sake of punishing them but I do understand your position. Obviously if a company would be selling you poisoned snickers, that's another story, but we are talking about lights here.

Truth is Week Aqua is not all bad. They do have one of the best color rendering lights vs price out there and the app although buggy does work once set and not touched. I've had the A430 run for several month now with no issue. Maybe the light might not stand a year and at that time I will change my mind but so far my experience and the one of people I know has been good (except for the app). I mean they do answer to my messages as well when they could very well ignore me entirely, so that's that.

Also keep in mind that Week Aqua is fairly new in the international scene. Their major customer base so far has been China so they need to adapt. If you look at the app on the App Store the app has received multiple updates in the past 2 years. They are just quite slow at delivering them.

Truth is if no one tells them anything, no change will come that's for sure. Chihiros was the same 3-4 years ago.

@Hanuman very annoying how they address you as ‘dear’ in that exchange.
I don't get offended by this. This is a quite common way for Chinese ladies (and man?) to address you. It happens quite often when dealing with suppliers based in China. It's a common way to address others even informally. I sometimes reciprocate for the fun of it. Chinese actually use the word 亲 (qīn) which translates as dear.

Don't buy any lights from ADA, or UNS either then, and numerous others, as Week Aqua are an OEM manufacturer for a number of big aquarium brands, so your dollars would still be going to them ;)
Yep, hard to tell who's the OEM for who these days for sure. And, I won't be buying any of ADA or UNS's overpriced light offerings so no problem there.

Honestly, I try my best to avoid buying anything Chinese but, in this hobby it is pretty hard especially when it comes to lighting(if only Twinstar would build some more advanced models). That said, on my new build the Aquarium, Aquarium Cover, Aquarium Stand, Canister Filter, Surface Skimmer, Inlet/Outlet Pipes, Heater, Vinyl Tubing, & Substrate are all not made in China. So, it's not that hard to avoid Chinese products in this hobby I guess...

Hello I'm new here. I just got the WEAK aqua light a few weeks ago and I've been very frustrated with the app but I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I've been googling how to fix the sunset/sunrise issue and stumbled onto this forum. I really hope they fix the app because the light is amazing and I wanna get another.

I've been googling how to fix the sunset/sunrise issue and stumbled onto this forum
I wouldn't waste any more time if I were you. I have tried and tried and others as well. Their implementation of that feature is just bad. Wait for Feb 2023. Supposedly they will launch a new app... Crossing fingers hoping it won't be worse.

I wouldn't waste any more time if I were you. I have tried and tried and others as well. Their implementation of that feature is just bad. Wait for Feb 2023. Supposedly they will launch a new app... Crossing fingers hoping it won't be worse.
Yep. After reading through this thread I stopped searching for answers. I was just gonna lurk in here but I was so frustrated with the app that I had to create an account and vent on here as well 😂

You want to vent and help this change?
Here you go: +86 133 9298 7758
This is Week’s Aqua public whatsapp contact number. This is where everyone should complain. That’s what I did.
I've been in contact with their Facebook page 2 days after I got the light and I think we're talking to the same person. They just completely ignored me after answering one question so I bombarded them with messages, screenshots, screen records of how their app sucks. I got basically the same response as the ones you posted :dead::dead:

The light did something weird yesterday. I went into advanced mode and had it setup to turn on at 2pm 100%, then at 11pm at 40% and 111:30pm at 10%. It was fine from 2pm-11pm but then at 11:01 the light became brighter when it was suppose to be at 40% (I customized the spectrum and I had 20% of power left). I think it used up the remaining 20% power that I didn't use, so for 11:01-11:30 it was running at max then it dropped down to 10% at 11:31 and shutoff at midnight.

I made it 100%-50%-10% for today. Hopefully it displays the correct intensity later.

Hey guys I'm have a week aqua a430pro

I love the light but the app is poo sometimes the light just randomly changes colour throwout the photo period

I've messaged week aqua a few times and they basically said to me the app is good enough

Back