• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
When i was neglecting my large tank a few years ago it managed to almost completely fill the bottom with a 3 inch thick layer of moss (and thats almost 7 x 3 feet, :), my biggest problem was there was a lot of "mulm" under that layer). That was in low light, but it took app a year. (still peeved i didn't take some pics from it)

That would have been great to see :(
I am yet to get a good layer of mulm in any of my tanks. I really want at least one tank with a good layer ;)

I really like this, it has a really nice relaxing feel, a bit like a nice cool underwater cave, with a soundtrack of dripping water and echoes

Hi luckyjim
Thankyou, I tend to agree now you mention it. I think a name change may be in order.

That's one of the things I like about planted tanks, they can change organically into something we didn't necessarily expect or plan for.

Looking forward to seeing this one grow out, patience will be required though I suspect!

By the way do the circles of clear water in the surface plants form naturally, or are they an effect of the air pumps? The effect is lovely.

Its due to the air pump, I was pleasantly surprised a while back when I set this trial and error tank up and noticed the effect. From the top they look like portals into a different world :)
IMG_20150223_173751_zpsuwy2awgf.jpg
IMG_20150223_173947_zps2wtttswi.jpg

That's one of the things I like about planted tanks, they can change organically into something we didn't necessarily expect or plan for.

Looking forward to seeing this one grow out, patience will be required though I suspect!

Thanks patience is my thing I've got a 7 month old tank that is about half way to where I want it to be. Have you seen the windowsill tank I've got. I pretty much put the components together and it done the rest. Its got no light, no co2, no ferts and no filter. That tank has real life of its own. It also changes with the seasons.

Looks amazing, I really like your style. You are right, it is slightly otherworldly.

Back