Weeping moss

Themuleous

I tied some greenline weeping moss to some wood in my low light 'non-plant' tank a few months back and its grown a few inches since. However it doesn't seem to be attaching to the wood. Anyone else had that with weeping moss? I thought all mosses attached given time?

Cheers

Sam

JamesC

Nope, not all mosses do. I have Willow Moss which is exactly the same and doesn't attach. You'll need to always keep it tied down to prevent it from drifting off.

James

Themuleous

Ar right, cheers James, thought that had to be the case, but worth checking. I'll invest in some java moss. Do you know of any others that will definately attach?

Cheers

Sam

zig

The moss I purchased from Aquaticmagic as "weeping moss" attaches after a while, attaches good as well, I had to scrape it off some rocks I wanted to reuse without the moss, it was hard to get off without doing that. It also weeps quite nicely, so maybe its just a different variation of moss.

So who has the real weeping moss :)

Themuleous

Who knows! That's the trouble with using non-scientific names I guess.

Will try some java mos that can look lovely given time.

Cheers guys.

Sam

Maximumbob

I've found fissidens attaches to wood well.

I'll try and take a pic of my bogwood I've been working on for a while to show you.

here it is. not the best pic, but you get the idea..

IMAGE_212.jpg

IMAGE_214.jpg

IMAGE_215.jpg

IMAGE_216.jpg

Themuleous

If you're offering I would definitely say yes to some! Java moss would have been good but someone fissidens would be excellent. Do you want an envelop and stamp?

Cheers for the offer :)

Sam