• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Welcome :) Tell us about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be useful to have a section of sticky's on a species, where people can add photo's and experiences of a particular plant. Ceg did a wonderful piece on M. aquatica (I think?) but it's been 'lost' in the noise. It's a shame that such a literary and photographic masterpiece should be forgotten.

What do people think?

beeky said:
I think it would be useful to have a section of sticky's on a species, where people can add photo's and experiences of a particular plant. Ceg did a wonderful piece on M. aquatica (I think?) but it's been 'lost' in the noise. It's a shame that such a literary and photographic masterpiece should be forgotten.

What do people think?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1690&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=rice+paddy+herb

the LA was a good one ^^^

Hi, i decided to join this forum after getting the planted bug!
I look forward to learning off ya'all.

I'm already aware! I already need a new stand, co2 system (yeast..cant afford pressurised), and new lights (currently have about 22W of crappy japanese hang-on-the-back lights).

And just to rub it in..im a broke student.haha

Hi my name really is Keno, i'm the new boy to the forum. I've been keeping tropical fish continously for about 30 years now, I have just started using Co2 in the tank and am thrilled at the way the plants are growing.
I have just the one tank a 36*18*18 built for me about 15 years ago, these days only a few fish:
6" Silver shark
7 1/2" Apollo shark
6" Apollo shark
5" Festive
4" Bosmani rainbow
3 Clown loach
plus a few others.

Love photography, especially when other people like my pic's.

Hi!
I am Celine and when I moved to England 3 years ago I brought 1 of my small tank (50liters) with me and sadly sold its big brother (360 liters) :(
Anyway I just moved into a decent flat and decided to finally unpack the small tank!
I upgraded the lighting system to 2x24W last weekend, and am now about to order some stones and plants!

The bug is back!

You'll see me sometimes here!
(Please do not hesitate to correct my English)

Bonjour Celine!

Your English is practically perfect, better than some locals ;) After 3 years I'm guessing you're probably ok with all the 'argot' but if there's any term we use that you don't know then just ask!

If you want really strict checking then I'd have gone for "You'll see me here sometimes!" I just wish I could tell you why, other than it sounds better. Sometimes I think it's a real shame we don't have grammar lessons at school, then I remember how glad I am that I didn't have to sit through them ;)

Hi All,

New to the forum after returning to fishkeeping following a few years break due to moving around.

I'm a newbie to planted tanks however as my last tank was a Malawi tank, which was just rock, rock, & more rock!

Luckily, I am just up the road from the guys at The Green Machine so am relieved to have their support & guidance as I venture into the unknown!

Hi all

I just wanted to introduce myself, as Richard at AE sent me this way. I have a couple of discus tanks with some basic planting, and am just about to embark on my first fully planted tank too.

I look forward to reading up on threads, and picking the collective brain too ! I'm sure I'll have a few questions !

Tony

A couple of pics of the main Discus tank:
DiscusTank_1208_02.jpg

DiscusTank_1208_04.jpg

DiscusTank_1208_05.jpg

DiscusTank_1208_06.jpg

Lovely,I actually quite like tanks like that,lots of substrate showing and delicate grass like plants swaying in the current,really shows the fish off and looks very serene,like a sheltered river bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back