• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Welcome :) Tell us about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes...
Im Lee and im still recovering after hitting the big 30 last year

I have kept fish since i was a kid and was always annoyed how I could never get plants to survive.....

well finaly getting them to live now ;)

I drum when I can and if anyone wants to buy Blackberrys for their company give me a shout as thats my job!

My Misses is fantastic as she hates fish but still lets me have my hobby ...(and puts up with the rest of my baggage)

Ta

Hello,

I'm Caroline - I've been lurking for a while.

I'm still new to the hobby, I've had my planted tank since sometime in January. It's been a rollercoaster ride, but fascinating. I would have given up within the first few weeks had it not been for the great advice I have found on sites like UKAPS and PFK - without it, the whole thing would have been stripped down and thrown out. Now, it looks like being the beginning of an addiction :D

I look forward to learning lots more.

Cheers,

Caroline

SteveUK said:
Welcome Caroline! persevere and it'll all come good!

:D I live in hope, Steve

Hi all we are new to this forum & keeping Tropical Fish.

We are Chris & Emma from South Wales.

We used to to keep Marine Fish but deside to shut it down an moved on to Tropical Fish & Plants.

Our Tank is a 4 & a half -2-2 with sump, we are just in the middle of redesigning the sump as it is quit big & we are going to make it a Sump/Shrimp tank, the idea is that both the tank and the Sump with the Shrimp will all run as 1 with out the cost of 2 tanks, tho we are going to add a light over the top of the shrimp half :) .

We are most happy with the results at this time.

We have 1 little lady and on the way in 2 months :D .

Anyhow thats it for now.

hi,bones here (i like the tv show)
I have kept fish for a year now and looking to set up a new tank,i am restricted to space and looking at the river reef 94l
I would like a planted tank so i am looking for advice on substrate (black) and soil, any advice at all.I will be looking at a shrimp tank,this time round.
If any 1 has a reef any feedback would be great,if any1 can suggest another tank that would also be great(i have rekord 60)
so if any1 can advice on the above and rocks that would be great.

Hey Gecko and Bones! Welcome :)

Bones, have you looked at the Dennerle range of shrimp products they came out with last year? Some nice black substrates and base layer deponit mix. Dan Crawford has been using them on a nano tank and from what he's said they sound pretty good :)

If you've got any specific questions, head on over to the relevant forum and have a search about, there's a wealth of info! Ask any questions you you can't find info on :)

Hey up all,

Thought I would come say hello since am new around here.

I'm Mat, 26 and originally from England (Chester area) but I live in Buckley N.Wales. I work as a software/web developer for a local finance broker.

I started to keep fish about a year ago with a small tank (20 litres). That got changed to a 55 litre tank which I attempted to plant (Its looking shabby now and a lot of the plants need attention). Its not until I recently found The Green Machine in Wrexham that I became interested in proper planting and aquascaping. So much so, I've got a 40 litre tank which is maturing and has a lot more thought put into it (along with some dwarf puffers once its ready).

Yes they are based in Ewloe, I assume you know of another one that isn't money supermarket :)

Aye, tis handy living near TGM although its expensive when I go :) will have to ask for a pay rise :)

Toadeh said:
Yes they are based in Ewloe, I assume you know of another one that isn't money supermarket :)

Aye, tis handy living near TGM although its expensive when I go :) will have to ask for a pay rise :)
LOL, yes not many brokers around here that have dedicated web developers! i work a lot in the building opposite above the bank so i'll give you a wave sometime :lol:

Hi Mat,

It`s nice to have another member of the N. Wales massive. I live in Broughton at the moment, but intend to move locally some time soon.

Dave.

Afternoon,

Thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Will and I'm a lapsed planted tank type!

I posted at TFF under the name of Fwapp (Hi James, how is the Rena XP2 doing), and used to have lovely 4' Rena classic full of growing things and fish.

I now have a more manageable (and wife approved) AR620, with a lovely Anubias Nana on bogwood , Spiral Vallis (Tropica variety - had from a member on TFF, and some random Cryptocoryne from the fish shop. All these plants were transplanted from the Rena, and are two years plus in age. Standard lighting, an extra Tetratec EX700 filter and DIY FE CO2.

Going to have a bit of a rejig, and seeing as TFF is a bit 'quieter' these days, I'd thought I'd pop over.

So Hello!

Hi Will,welcome you will love it over here never a dull moment,loads going on,young and old alike (me being in the old section).
regards john.

Hi all,

Before I go on, I would just like to congratulate all concerned on a truly excellent forum, masses of information... and that's what I need at the moment.

I'm Steve, I have been keeping fish in one form or another my whole life after inheriting a love for the hobby from my dad. I live in Wimbledon in South West London and work as a Locksmith and together with my wife Claire have been running our own company for about four years now. After a few years of chaos with setting up a business, having kids (I have two beautiful daughters), moving house a few times, things are finally settling down and I now have the time to get back into the hobby i love.

We have had a 100ltr tropical tank which I set up for the kids for a couple of years now, but i have a new 48x18x15 on the way and this is going to be daddy's tank...lol. Its going to be my first attempt at a high-tec setup so expect lost of questions and hopefully in a bit of time i might be able to provide the answer to something myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back