• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Well, here we go! - An introduction (Picture Heavy)

Finlay

Seedling
This is my first post here on UKAPS, however i have been a member on TFF for years. Recently i decided to try my hand at aquascaping... Big mistake??? You decide! xD Im not the most professional, brilliant or talented at this, but as an average skilled aquarist i think i did ok?! Anyway the reason i joined was to get some more in depth feedback and constructive critiscms from you guys, i really want to get better and i appreciate that this is a steep learning curve from the good old days of a bunch of elodea stuffed into some bogwood! I will post some pictures of the tank as it developed up to current day for you but first; the all important specs!

Tank Rio 125l with internal filter
Substrate Eco-Complete (20lbs), Pea Gravel
Lighting 2 X 20 watt Sunglo Bulbs - 1.5 WPG
Fertilisers EasyCarbo - 2ml daily, TPN - 10ml weekly
Fauna 6 X Neon Tetras, 1 Bronze Cory, 4 Guppies, 3 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Amano Shrimp
FloraHC, Java Moss, Crypt.Becketti, Amazon Swords, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Hairgrass, Elodea Densa, Java Fern, Crassula Helmsii, Crypt. Balansae, Giant Japanese Rush, and a moss ball for good measure! xD

Some plants were a bit experimental for example the HC, however it seems to be excelling!!
Initial Hardscape

Trying Out some Ideas With Some Cheap Plants From P@H

Plants Have Arrived From Java-Plants.co.uk!!!

And A Close Up Of Grumpy Gills!

Please note, this low tech tank was done on a budget!!!! Had to resort to beach nabbing for the stones and everything
:twisted: Please comment!!! I need feedback!
but be kind :?
Finlay

Hmmmm. Where have I seen this tank before? Let me think! :lol:

Where's that picture of the suspect plant! Stop dawdling and post it already. :lol:

lljdma06 said:
Hmmmm. Where have I seen this tank before? Let me think! :lol:

Where's that picture of the suspect plant! Stop dawdling and post it already. :lol:
Haha! Sorry i completley forgot! Lol! And thanks for the comment TDI-Line :) How can i improve it though?

So by that you mean moving the plants to the centre island? That was what i originally thought about. I am just a beginner, so im learning as i go along, good tip about learning the plants first ;) I think i will .let it grow out first, then start thinking about moving things around :)

Finlay said:
So by that you mean moving the plants to the centre island? That was what i originally thought about. I am just a beginner, so im learning as i go along, good tip about learning the plants first ;) I think i will .let it grow out first, then start thinking about moving things around :)

yes, clearly you are on the right track which is always a good sign,

here is a good example
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=968&hilit=variance

Woah dont think i could ever do something like that!! Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread though ;) Picture will be up later tonight for identification

Back