• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback Well worth the visit a rare place for the UK

I visited Aquarium Gardens for the first time this past Thursday, and wow what a great place, and in my opinion rare for the UK to have a shop like this.
I met with Dave who is very friendly and knowledgeable, yes I spent quite a bit of money in there (I knew I would) but it was worth every penny, and I’m glad I purchased in person rather than online, as for me this made the experience much much more enjoyable.
The tanks in there are just spectacular, pictures and video does not do the tanks justice, don’t get me wrong they look great on video but they look absolutely spectacular in person, I’m not just saying that either!
Dave helped me with collecting together my CO2 kit and sorted me out with a CO2 cylinder so I’m ready for my new tank, I couldn’t wait though, and set the system up on my current tank, as I write this on a gloomy Sunday morning my tank already looks so much more vibrant and healthier than it ever did, yesterday the plants was pearling as the sun shon into the room for the first time.
One thing is for sure I will be visiting again soon to buy more stone and many plants for my new setup, I told my dad about AG and he wants to visit with me next time I go which will be done very very soon!
Oh and while I’m talking about plants, well, there are so many to choose from more than I have seen in an aquatic fish store and all are very healthy and grown hydroponically.
Now I’m hopeless at taking photos, as my wife would tell you! here is a couple I took of my favourite plants while I was there.
0E45F1FD-C719-40BB-B113-5E78BD8ECDF8.jpeg

2B35AAE7-F29A-4419-A9C3-4A152961BC6C.jpeg

Not relevant to this thread but there is a pub round the corner called The Three Jolly Butchers they do wonderful home cooked food and the prices was good as well, well worth the visit there if your traveling to visit Aquarium Gardens.

Hi all,
but there is a pub round the corner called The Three Jolly Butchers they do wonderful home cooked food and the prices was good as well
Now that is a proper pub name (and I'm assuming a proper old pub?). I like a "Jolly" monikered pub there aren't many left, I used to drink in the "Jolly Sailor" in Saltford (when it wasn't flooded).

I'm always more likely to go into a pub if its called <"Ye Olde Salutation Inn">, <"Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem>, <"Axe and Cleaver"> or <"Saracen's Head"> etc.

cheers Darrel

Apparently frequented by Cromwell during the civil war.

Back