• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Looking on adding extra plants which will be ..
1xEchinodorus ozelot Red
1xPogostemon erectus
1xAlternanthera reineckii Purple
1xNymphoides spec. Taiwan
1x Pogostemon helferi
1xHeteranthera zosterifolia
1xRotala indica
1xLudwigia arcuata
I understand many people have had no issues with there Monte Carlo as many have said on my post but getting back to the issue I’m currently experiencing with melting and dieing off it’s strange due to currently having a tank with Monte Carlo that took off really well without any of the above issues but since setting up an Larger tank it seems to have this issue .. have done nothing different..

Have you been doing daily water changes? Also why do you keep changing the temp? In your post it said 20°c, then 24°c then you have a photo of the heater at 27°c. The temp is like the only thing in the hobby you don't really have to think about.....you set it at the correct temp for your future inhabitants and leave it and concentrate on everything else.

Been advised from so many people to try increasing the tempture then lowing the tempure also lighting and co2 then other bits so have just decided to keep the tank on the temperature I had my old setup on which had good results also as doing weekly water changes of 50% and decided in the end to remove all the Monte Carlo and start from scratch so have placed another order tbf I’m glad I did as knoticed signs of alge on the leaves and there wasn’t hardly any roots on the Monte Carlo all other plants are going well so think I was just unlucky with that batch of Monte Carlo plus it wasn’t great when it arrived in the post to me.

Attachments

• 2A701BB9-00CD-4146-A379-190CBFD1BA93.jpeg
    2A701BB9-00CD-4146-A379-190CBFD1BA93.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 106
Set you temperature to the fish you will keep and leave it. Concentrate on water changes, ideally you need to be daily water changes of atleast 50% everyday, as you have no livestock you can do 90%. This dilutes the ammonia and other stuff leeching from the soil and dead bits of plants etc. You don't have many plants, you need to get a lot more to create a stable ecosystem. Not doing water changes encourages algae as your ammonia will be high without having the bactieria and plants to absorb and convert it.

Yes just done a Large order of plants as my previous messages state so once that has arrive shall be doing 50% water change then a 90% water change so I can plant the Monte Carlo 🙂

That's good, do daily water changes even if you haven't got the plants yet.

I feel your impending pain - planting monte carlo in a flooded tank. I had to do that many times in my tank, it's probably one of the worst experiences of the journey 🤣

It was a headache putting the first lot of Monte Carlo in now I have relive putting the second load in haha but I’m sure it should be easier as have the correct tools for the job ..

Back