• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What’s happening with my plants?

grjbb

Below is my 200l Fluval. Recently co2 injected, external fluval 307 filer, dosing a cap of Seachem Flourish every few days and recently tried dosing seachem Iron as I thought the degrading on my plants was lack of Iron.

Is this lack of lighting or a lack of a nutrient? I have just purchased some root tabs to see if that helps. Also adding a power head to improve flow.
Any ideas on what’s going on? It seems to be a mix of a few things possibly. The black on the Anubias can be brushed off with a water change (75% every week) but it comes back.
Many thanks to any help!
12DA02EB-9401-4F81-A974-9F7971260349.jpeg AACEE966-A649-450F-B747-B462F3D7EDCF.jpeg A0C39D00-BBC9-4CF9-86E1-A5DA21744EFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably a mixture of poor co2, lack of macro nutrients and at the minute to much light.

You could do with posting a full tank shot of the tank, ideally showing the outlet and lnlet positions. Also some details of your light duration and intensity will help.
Hopefully then somebody will be able to offer some advice.

Thank you, sorry I should of mentioned my CO2 comes on hour before my lights which come on at 12, shut off at 9. CO2 an hour before. I use 2x T8 Arcadia LED Sunlight. Intake to my pump is bottom left and at the top right my outlet .

Attachments

• F6FD8217-855C-4DEA-ACDB-8E7FF135B2EA.jpeg
    F6FD8217-855C-4DEA-ACDB-8E7FF135B2EA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 131
No worries mate,

I suspect the main issues you're having are co2 related, however I don't use co2 so not going to attempt to advise you how to dial it in. What would be helpful though and will help others determine what's going on in the tank is for you to do a ph profile, basically taking a ph reading before the co2 turns on and then ever hour thereafter until the lights go off. Post your results on here and I'm sure somebody will be able give you some feedback on it.

I can't quite work out from googling your lights if they're 13w or 30w ea, either way your plants are clearly struggling atm and for now I'd try and reduce the intensity, or duration if that's not possible.

Seachem flourish will only be adding trace elements, if it's flourish comprehensive there will be some other macro nutrients in there but in very minute quantities. You need to be supplying a full range of nutrients and I'd suggest you give this article a read. EI DOSING USING DRY SALTS

I also notice your plants seem to be in their original pots, planting them directly into the substrate is probably preferable, especially if they've still got the rock wool in them.

Clean as much of the algae off as possible when doing the water change and if any of the leaves or stems start dying or rotting cut them off and remove them.

Hope that helps a bit and I'm sure you'll manage to turn the tank round.

Much appreciated to both of you, I'll make sure to follow guide threads and give proper info next time 👍

Back