• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What algae is this?

Hello guys!
Im having trouble with this algae. It grow so fast in my montecarlo and everywhere else on my shrimp tank. I can remove it manually easy but it grow back in 4 days.
The problem is that i dont know what algae is so i cant read about it and adress the issue.

The tank is cycled for about 2 weeks now.
I fertilize with Aquaforest Macro weekly and have Sera Florenette in my ista shrimp substrate.
I have Aquaforest Micro too but idk if it will hurt my neocaridina.
I have good light and a ISTA co2 system.

Thanks for your help!
f70a33f529707b3e4585d1117d04e2f6.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Hi @Francis from Chile

Welcome to UKAPS!

Are you referring to the white stuff and is it on the aquarium glass? Or is it the thin strands that appear to be pearling? Perhaps another photo would be helpful.

JPC

Hi Folks,

Looks like it has green spherical nodules on it - is that correct? Otherwise, my best guess would have been staghorn algae. But, it may be something that @dw1305 can help with.

JPC

Hi all,
One to add to my memory bank.
I think most people used to end up with it eventually. I think mine came originally with some moss I purchased.

My guess would be that, with the advent of tissue cultured plants, that its frequency will decline. I used to have a huge amount of it, but it has declined in the tanks and I now just have isolated strands. I have some in a goldfish bowl and that is still doing well.

It is the only Utricularia that has lasted in the tank for me, I had a lovely feathery one for a while, but that <"boomed and bust">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hey guys! Thank you all very much for the help :)
I'll try hand removal.
Here's a photo of some strands. The bigger ones have "black nodules".
3cbfd7e0da756af74a65fd036c24c758.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Back