• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these trees doing?

JoshP12

I have noticed this lately with some trees. One day their tips just got greener? Is it because of a season change? Nutrients? This hobby has made me so much more appreciative of nature and as a result more curious.

1592502244692.png

Any ideas?

Hmm - so how come it comes in brighter? ... oh my ... its like anubias :oops:.
Or like quite lots of species of aquatic moss - if you look closer at them if they are healthy and actively growing their tips are almost always brighter - more exposure to the light plus less Nitrates - but they will accumulate more N later anyway and become darker.

Hi @JoshP12
This hobby has made me so much more appreciative of nature and as a result more curious.

I'll second that. In fact, that's one of the reasons I got interested in what's going on in our tanks at the micro level. It's all so mind-boggling. For example, algae can adapt to a changing light spectrum, something aquatic plants cannot do.

JPC

This hobby has made me so much more appreciative of nature and as a result more curious.
Awesome man. Curiosity and persistence will get you almost anywhere.

I am trying to get more kids interested in scaping/aqua plants it but these days, they are into instagram. :( Maybe I should get them to follow George.

Back