• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these worms ?

winzdk

The first one I only noticed because I have zoomed in on what looks like to be an egg, I would never have seen it otherwise. I'm not sure the video shows how small it really is, but it's between 1 and 2 mm.
I just planted some 1-2 grow H'ra today. Unfortunately I put these plants in a qurantine bowl with some anubias pots, which I guess these things arrived on. They sat in the bowl for 1 day and being impatient (and stupid perhaps) I didn't wait to see if there was anything with the plants or treat them before planting.
So, what are these, are they bad and how do I get rid of them? I'm thinking neither of them are planaria. Because of a bit of algae and one dead shrimp per day for a week, I have been feeding just enough for a week and some of the days not feeding at all. I still have a lot of new plants in the bowl I would like to plant, but I'm not gonna do that until I'm sure these worms are gone. How do I treat the plants in the bowl ?
The second one which is quite a bit longer (7-10 mm) and also darker, I found in the bowl just now.

First one could be a Rhabdocoela worm, hard to tell from the video., and I agree the second looks like a leach.

Back